Running a restaurant is no easy task, and while it can be exciting and rewarding, there’s always a fear of running out of ice. Most people prefer cold drinks with ice, so not having enough for everyone can pose a huge problem.
Finding an ice maker that can produce enough ice for your patrons is critical to a successful business. Many ice makers make 50 lbs, 65 lbs, or even 80 lbs, but getting an ice maker that can produce 100 lbs per day is an excellent investment for a restaurant or cafe.
At a glance
Finding the right ice maker that can produce 100 lbs of ice can be challenging. To save you some time and stress, take a look at three of the best 100 lbs ice makers you can buy.
1: Vremi Commercial Grade 100 lbs Ice Maker – Best Overall
- 99 pounds of Frozen Water: The Vremi Commercial Ice Maker Machine has an efficient powerful compressor that can produce 99 pounds of ice per day and pumps out 45 clear hard cube-shaped frozen water in one cycle within 11-20 mins. Perfect for your home bar or small business
- Freestanding Design: Unlike built-in units our free-standing design allows you to install your ice cube maker in any place you desire, provided you have access to a water line. The sleek, rust-resistant stainless steel housing measures 17.6 x 15.7 x 31.4 inches
- Easy Operation Panel: Equipped with a digital control panel that has an LCD indicator for displaying water and ice making functions. The ice making time and the thickness of the ice cubes can be adjusted as you like by pressing the (+) or (-). This machine is also equipped with an automatic cleaning function
- Ready for Business or Home Use: Enjoy delicious iced drinks at any time with this ice machine that quickly makes crystal clear ice cubes. Ideal for restaurants, hotels, churches or big families that have an addiction to ice. The 1.2L water tank connects directly to a water supply, so you don’t have to constantly fill it up like portable countertop models
- The Complete Package: For most applications, our commercial-grade ice maker machine comes with a full set of accessories to start producing ice out of the box. Including an ice scoop, a 9-inch long water supply hose with faucet connector and a 6.5-inch long draining hose
Our top choice for a commercial ice maker that can make 100 lbs per day is this one by Vremi. It’s a solid choice and has a great price point. With this ice maker, you can easily have 100 lbs of ice per day, so you will rarely if ever, run out while serving customers.
The storage pin can hold approximately 29 lbs of ice at a time, which should be more than enough to keep everyone satisfied. When running consistently, you’ll have a batch of 45 ice cubes every 11 to 20 minutes.
You’ll love the LCD screen that allows you to adjust the ice cube size with the press of a button. The automatic cleaning button is always a favorite feature because it cuts down on the work you have to do as a business owner.
It comes equipped with a 1.2-liter water tank that can connect directly to a water supply, so you don’t need to constantly fill the tank up when you need to make ice.
- Makes 100 lbs of ice daily
- Stores 29 lbs of ice at a time
- 45 ice cubes every 11 to 20 minutes
- Automatic cleaning function
- 1.2-liter water tank
- It’s slightly bulkier than other similar ice makers
2: hOmelabs 99lbs Freestanding Ice Maker – Runner-Up
- Intense Ice Making Power: We’ve made our commercial ice maker to always be there when you need it. It is capable of producing 99 lbs of ice in 24 hours and quickly makes 45 pieces of clear ice in one cycle within 11-20 mins. With 29 lbs of storage capacity, it holds enough ice to be enjoyed by all
- Freestanding Design with Essential Accessories: Its freestanding design lets you install the ice maker anywhere inside your home, pantry or restaurant. Just make sure to always have a water outlet near your unit. This 17.6 x 15.7 x 31.4" clear ice cube maker has a sleek, rust-resistant stainless steel interior and comes with a full set of accessories including an ice scoop, water supply hose, water supply connector and a water draining hose
- Commercial or Large Household Use: Ideal for restaurants, hotels or big households that often require a constant, large quantity of ice. The 1.2L water tank hooks directly to a water supply, so you don’t have to worry about filling it up like conventional countertop ice makers. Only connect the appliance to a potable water supply
- Easy-to-Use Controls: Intuitive control panel has LCD indicator for displaying water and ice making functions. The ice making time and thickness of the ice cubes can be adjusted by pressing the (+) or (-) buttons. Also equipped with an automatic cleaning function. Before first use, clean the ice machine and keep it in an upright position for 24 hours
For our runner-up, the hOmelabs freestanding ice maker is another to consider. It makes 99 lbs of ice per 24 hours. Like the Vremi ice maker, it produces 45 pieces of ice every 11 to 20 minutes.
Another feature this ice maker shares with the Vremi ice maker is that it can store 29 lbs of ice at a time. The LCD screen allows you to adjust the temperature and frequency of the ice being produced with ease. You can even change the thickness of the ice cubes if you want.
The compressor is quiet, so you don’t need to worry about noisy appliances driving employees and customers nuts. You’ll get a 1.2-liter water tank that connects to a water source, so you don’t need to fill the tank constantly.
Something to keep in mind with this ice maker is that while it can make up to 99 lbs of ice in 24 hours if you adjust the thickness setting, the amount will vary between 75 to 88 lbs.
- Fresh ice every 11 to 20 minutes
- A slimmer fit is suitable for tighter spaces
- An easy to use LCD screen
- Quiet compressor
- Slightly pricier than our overall pick
- It won’t make 99 lbs of ice every 24 hours at each thickness setting
3: Gilati Commercial Ice Machine – Best Value
- [Efficient and Large Storage] The GILATI commercial ice maker produces 120-130lbs of ice in 24 hours and holds 35 lbs storage capacity. The large ice maker can quickly make clear ice in one cycle within 11-20 mins
- [Easy to Install and Use] Our ice machine is very easy to install and use. It has a freestanding design and lets you install the commercial ice maker machine anywhere you need easily. Come with an LCD display panel that makes your set pretty straightforward and simple.
- [Multiple Functions]The Commercial Ice Maker has different functions to serve you better: ice full reminder, ice cube thickness option, timing, water shortage reminder, automatic cleaning. Just press the "turn up/turn down" to control the ice-making time and the ice thickness.
- [Reliable Product and Service]The large commercial ice machine body is surrounded by good quality Stainless Steel. we have pretty strict release testing in a factory which makes our product more reliable. Besides we will provide our clients with the best possible support.
- [Wide Applications]The ice maker machine works great for wide applications. Such as homes, restaurants, bars, hotels, patio, grocery stores, coffee shops, supermarkets, bakeries, schools, hospitals, and more.
While the other two ice makers on our list are fabulous if you’re looking for a high-quality ice maker that can produce a lot of ice in 24 hours with features that exceed the price, this one by Gilati is perfect.
This stunning ice maker features a stainless steel appearance with a glass window so you can see inside the ice maker when needed. This ice maker makes roughly 130 lbs of ice per day for a comparable price to our other two picks.
The storage bin can hold 35 lbs at once with a larger ice capacity. When using this ice maker, you can choose to make thin, medium, and thick ice. Each one takes a different amount of time to complete. You’ll have thinner ice cubes faster than the thickest ones, but even the thick ones only take about 20 minutes to make.
The product comes with a drain hose, water hose, and scooper to ensure you have everything you need to get the ice maker up and running quickly.
- 130 lbs of ice in 24 hours
- 35 lb storage bin
- LCD screen for easy use
- The brand has larger capacity ice makers if needed
- Variety of ice cube sizes
- It may not be suitable for businesses that don’t go through enough ice for a 35 lb storage bin
When looking for a heavy-duty ice maker that can make at least 100 lbs per day, there are a few things you’ll need to keep in mind besides how much ice they can make each day.
While it’s great that you can get an ice maker to make 100 lbs of ice per day, you’ll need to consider the storage bin size. If you’re constantly running through ice and the bin is never filling up, then this may not be a huge concern for you.
For those with smaller businesses or slower days, ensuring you don’t have a large storage bin full of ice going to waste is important.
The display type is more of an aesthetic preference but one you’ll want to think about. Most people prefer an LCD screen because it looks more modern and seems easier to use, but button interfaces are just as simple to use and function just as well. Ultimately this comes down to your preference.
You should always make sure you have enough room for your new 100 lbs ice maker. Knowing the measurements of the one you want and comparing it to where you’ll place it is essential before ordering one.