Do you have a small countertop? Do you want to enjoy the aroma of freshly ground coffee beans without breaking the bank? Don’t worry because we hear you, and we prepared this buying guide to help you find the best affordable coffee maker with grinder.
Buying a coffee maker with a built-in grinder means that you can say goodbye to pre-ground coffee that you have no control over. Instead, you can grind your coffee just before the brewing time to enjoy the fresh aroma and the rich taste every time. So, keep on reading to learn more about our top choices and the features that can help you pick the appliance.
If you’re in a hurry, here are our top picks:
How to Choose the Best Affordable Coffee Maker With Grinder
There are lots of machines that offer built-in grinders with a coffee maker. This is why choosing the right one can be tricky. Here are a few features to think about before picking your next one.
Having the ability to control the size of your ground coffee will have a massive impact on your coffee cup. Pick a machine that offers the settings that suit your brewing preferences and favorite taste.
While most affordable coffee makers with built-in grinders are easy to use, some offer some programmability options that allow you to prepare various delicious coffee-based drinks. You can also choose between different brew strengths depending on your preferences.
A built-in grinder should have high-quality blades to grind your coffee beans to the desired consistency. Check out the hopper and make sure that it can hold enough coffee for the amount of coffee you want to brew.
Reviews of the Best Affordable Coffee Maker With Grinder
Although pre-ground coffee is convenient and easy to access, nothing compares to freshly ground coffee. You can enjoy the rich body and aroma whenever you crave a cup of coffee. This is why we researched the market to find the best coffee makers that combine brewing tasty coffee with a grinder in one unit. Check out our top picks.
- Streamlined Grinding and Brewing - Fresh coffee, fast, the all-in-one design makes it easy to grind whole beans, giving you the full flavor and aroma of your favorite beans every time
- Whole Beans or Grounds - Brew you favorite cup, the grinder quickly prepares whole beans, and it can be turned off for normal brewing with pre-ground coffee
- Custom Brewing - Use the brew strength selector for coffee that fits your taste, options for regular, bold, and strong
- QuickTouch Programming - Easily program the 24-hour auto brew feature so you can wake up to a fresh pot of coffee, plus, the backlit display highlights the time and the program you choose
- Note: Cup equals approximately 5 ounce. (varies by brewing technique)
If you’re on a tight budget, you can still enjoy the flavor of fresh coffee in an all-in-one machine that grinds coffee beans on the spot. The coffee maker allows you to use whole beans or pre-ground coffee for the richest aroma.
You can choose between different brew strengths to fit your taste with regular, bold, and strong options. The machine also allows you to prepare your coffee in advance with the 24-auto brew feature for a fresh cup of coffee. The quick touch programming is a big plus for busy days, and all the functions are displayed on the backlit display.
The dishwasher-safe water reservoir has the capacity of 12 cups. This unit features an easy view design with a clear viewing window, so you know how much water is left. Thanks to the permanent filtering system, you won’t have to use paper filters, thus reducing waste and cost.
You can stop the brewing cycle and enjoy your coffee on the spot without causing a mess. It shuts off to save energy when left idle. However, the grinder is a bit slow compared to other models.
What We Like
- Affordable coffee maker.
- Built-in grinder for coffee beans or use pre-ground coffee.
- Different brew strengths.
- 24-auto brew feature.
- Dishwasher-safe water reservoir.
- Permanent filtration system.
What We Don’t Like
- Grinder is slower than other models.
- 24-hour fully programmable coffeemaker with auto shutoff, brew-pause feature, and Grind off function
- Double-wall insulated stainless steel thermal carafe with comfort grip handle holds up to 12 cups of coffee
- Built-in automatic burr grinder and 8-ounce bean hopper holds a half pound of beans. Strength selector and grind control fine-tune intensity and volume
- Includes: Charcoal water filter and permanent gold tone filter that ensures only the freshest coffee flavor flows through. Measuring scoop. Instruction book
- Product Built to North American Electrical Standards.Please refer the set up/ troubleshooting details provided in the video under images section and the manual under product description field for the smooth usage of the product
This coffee maker features a double-wall stainless steel thermal carafe with a comfortable grip to hold up to 12 cups of coffee. It’s 24-hour fully programmable with auto shutoff to reserve energy.
It comes with a built-in burr grinder that allows you to grind your favorite coffee beans. Turn the grinder off, and the machine will start brewing your coffee.
The hopper holds up to 8 ounces of beans, and the dial knob selector allows you to control the volume of grounds. The lid protects your coffee beans from moisture until you brew your coffee.
It comes with a permanent gold-tone filter and charcoal water filter to improve the taste of your coffee. You can turn off the brewing cycle to enjoy a cup before brewing is finished. You can also control the brew strength between mild, medium, and strong coffee. However, you will spend more time cleaning it when you grind and brew your coffee.
What We Like
- Double-wall stainless steel thermal carafe.
- 24-hour program.
- 12 settings to choose the ground size.
- Sealed hopper to keep your coffee fresh.
- Auto shutoff.
What We Don’t Like
- A little difficult to clean.
- The Breville Grind Control creates third wave specialty coffee by capturing freshness and essential oils from beans by grinding before you brew with Steep and Release technology; Choose to brew directly into a carafe, tall cup or travel mug for on the go
- PROGRAMMABLE AUTO START: Set the time you'd like your coffee and the Grind Control will start the brewing process automatically; Delivers brew water at the right temperature from the start to the finish of the brewing process
- INTEGRATED AND ADJUSTABLE GRINDER: Adjust the grinder output to suit any bean from anywhere and customize the grind size to suit your taste
- STEEP AND RELEASE TECHNOLOGY: Brew your coffee directly into a large carafe, tall cup or travel mug with equal balance and flavor profile
- LCD DISPLAY: A clear and concise LCD screen shows grind setting, grind time and number of shots or cups you have selected
This is a versatile coffee maker with a built-in grinder that allows you to brew the perfect coffee pot. The flat stainless steel burrs deliver consistent coffee grounds for drip filter brewing. There are 6 different ground sizes available.
You can choose between 8 different strength settings by controlling the coffee to water ratio. You can also choose between the single cup and carafe modes, which allows you to brew between 2 and 12 cups. You can also customize your coffee using different amounts and types of milk and cream.
There’s an auto-start feature that allows you to program the machine to start grinding and brewing. You can brew your coffee in advance to enjoy a fresh cup in the morning. You can choose between a tall cup or a travel mug to enjoy your coffee on the go.
It comes with a gold-tone filter and a cleaning brush. The hopper depends on gravity, so you might need to push the beans to make sure that they’re perfectly ground. Oily beans can stick to the sides of the grinder.
What We Like
- 6 different ground settings.
- 8 strength settings by controlling the water to coffee ratio.
- Ability to customize your coffee using different types of milk.
- Auto-start feature.
What We Don’t Like
- Beans need to be pushed down to guarantee better grinding.
- Oily beans tend to stick to the sides of the grinder.
An affordable coffee maker with a built-in grinder is an excellent choice for those who need a practical and versatile kitchen appliance. We chose the BLACK+DECKER 12-Cup Mill and Brew Coffeemaker as our top choice because it’s reliable and allows you to choose between brew strengths. You can also turn off the grinder and use pre-ground coffee to brew coffee whenever you like.