K-cup coffee machines have simplified coffee making to an awesome degree. So, if you don’t want to concern yourself with picking whole-bean or ground coffee, you could always go for these little pods instead. Of course, in this scenario, you’ll need a reliable coffee maker.
Fortunately, there are hundreds of K-cup coffee machine models on the market, varying in features, brewing options, and more. To help you choose the best affordable K-cup coffee maker out there, we’ll review a few products you might be interested in.
Let’s dive in!
If you’re in a hurry, here are our top picks:
The Top 5 Budget-Friendly K-Cup Coffee Makers in 2021
Without further ado, here are our favorite candidates under this category.
If you’re enjoying life as a single person, you’ll likely admire this compact coffee maker by Chefman. Not only is it compatible with K-cup pods, but it also allows you to brew ground coffee and loose-leaf tea.
This buddy takes about thirty seconds to give you a cup of steaming coffee, which is perfect for a busy schedule. Plus, with its one-button operation, a sleep-fogged head won’t have much thinking to do to brew a coffee mug!
Other features to like about this machine include the slim, space-saving profile, sleek design, and sturdy steel body.
- Easy to use
- A great option for a solo coffee drinker
- Has a K-cup holder and a removable filter for ground coffee
- Small kitchen footprint
- May not be enough for a family of coffee lovers
Here’s another coffee maker that won’t have you break the bank to get. It’s a bit pricier than the previous pick, but it comes with loads of features you’ll probably appreciate.
For starters, it supports K-cups as well as ground coffee beans. Better yet, the Sboly coffee maker creates the hottest coffee in only three minutes. Even after adding cream or milk to your freshly brewed coffee, the temperature should remain the same.
This coffee maker also takes minimal counter and storage space. For someone who lives in a small apartment, investing in this tiny unit may be a wonderful idea!
- 2-in-1 coffee maker
- Brews coffee in under 3 minutes
- The compact design is suitable for small kitchens
- Auto-cleaning feature
- The housing is made of plastic
- Brews multiple k-cup pod sizes: (6, 8, 10 ounce) – the most popular k-cup pod brew sizes. Use the 6 ounce brew size to achieve the strongest brew.
- Large 48 ounce water reservoir: Allows you to brew 6 plus cups before having to refill, saving you time and simplifying your morning routine. The water reservoir is removable, making it easy to refill whenever you need to.
- Descaling: An important part of cleaning your keurig brewer. This process helps to remove calcium deposits, or scale, that can build up inside a coffee maker over time.
- Auto-off: An auto-off feature is easily programmed to turn off your coffee maker after it has been idle for 2 hours, helping to save energy.
- Simple button controls: Just insert a pod, select your desired cup brew size, and brew a great-tasting cup in under a minute.
No one could possibly disagree on the performance and quality that a Keurig product can deliver. As a result, this unique coffee maker has found a spot on our list.
The K-Classic coffee maker is compatible with several K-cup pod sizes. You can insert six, eight, or ten-ounce pods to make your favorite cup of coffee.
Even better, the machine comes with a large water reservoir that handles 48 ounces of water. So, you should be able to brew up to six cups of coffee before you need to refill it. Plus, refilling the reservoir with water should be a breeze because it’s removable.
We also like how straightforward the interface is. You’ll just have to put the pod in its compartment, choose the cup size, and wait for less than a minute until your coffee is done.
- Extra-large water reservoir for fewer refills per day
- Works with 6, 8, and 10-ounce K-cup pods
- Easy controls for a quick brewing process
- Lightweight and small enough to store in tight places
- Plastic body
- Tends to jam every once in a while
- Compatible: Mueller coffee maker is designed to fit most coffee makers using pods as well so you can have your cup of coffee the way you want it!
- Versatile: With 3 different brew sizes available, you choose the strength you want. Can be programmed to brew 6, 8 & 12 oz cups.
- Rapid Brew: New heater technology ensures coffee brews quickly and at the perfect temperature - no more cold coffee
- Large 45 Oz Removable Water Tank: With a large opening it is now much more convenient to fill it with water and clean. Great for when you have family & friends over and no more having to re-fill with water constantly.
- Made in China
If you’re a Mueller person, you’ll likely appreciate this K-cup-compatible coffee maker by this reputable brand. According to the majority of users who tried it, this little guy came with great value for the money. So, let’s check out the rest of its cool features.
The coffee maker offers you four brew sizes to pick from. This way, you’ll get to choose how strong your coffee will be to match your taste. The sizes available are six, eight, ten, and twelve ounces.
Much like the previous product, the Mueller machine is equipped with a big, 48-ounce reservoir. So, you won’t have to bother with refilling it with water several times a day.
With its quick operation, easy controls, and affordable price, no wonder this coffee machine has a huge fanbase!
- Offers 4 brew sizes
- Available with a 48-ounce water reservoir
- Delivers hot coffee in a matter of minutes
- Good value for the price
- Doesn’t accommodate travel mugs
- Two ways to brew: Brew a full pot using your favorite grounds on the thermal carafe side or make a cup for yourself using a Keurig k-cup pod or grounds on the single-serve side with this 2-in-1 coffee maker
- Stainless steel, 10-cup thermal carafe: Thermal carafe keeps coffee hot and fresh. Features programmable timer, auto pause & serve and auto shutoff
- Single-serve-brew with K-Cup pods or without: Pod holder and single-serve grounds basket are included. Features cup rest that adjusts to fit tall mugs and doubles as storage. Pod-piercing needle removes for easy cleaning to prevent clogging
- Separate water reservoirs: Each brewer has its own water reservoir that’s easy to fill and features a water window so you always know which brewer has how much water
- Brewing flexibility: The Hamilton Beach flex brew 2-way coffee maker has the option to please fans of all types of coffees and quantities, making it the perfect gift for a home with multiple coffee drinkers
This coffee machine may be the priciest on our list, but its awesome features can make it worth the cost. Plus, it’s still relatively affordable compared to other models with the same options.
The Hamilton Beach FlexBrew can do almost anything, and it’s not limited to K-cups. This beast can also brew an entire pot into a thermal carafe, which many coffee lovers prefer for keeping their java hot for a while.
Plus, on the right side of the coffee maker, you’ll find a unit that supports K-cups and ground coffee. Isn’t it amazing to find such a flexible coffee machine at this price range?
The until also comes with a timer, auto shut-off function, and auto pause-and-serve.
- 3-in-1 coffee maker
- Includes a programmable timer and an auto shut-off feature
- User-friendly controls
- Suitable for a household with multiple coffee drinkers
- The single-serve side is a bit noisy
How to Choose the Right K-Cup Coffee Maker for Your Needs
Now that you’ve taken a look at our options, it’s time to pick your favorite. To help you make a well-thought decision, here’s a list of a few factors to think about before buying a K-cup coffee maker.
- Brew size options
- Water reservoir size
- Unit size and weight
- Extra features (a removable filter for ground coffee, a timer, auto shut-off, etc.)
- Your budget
The Bottom Line
Some might think that finding the best affordable K-cup coffee maker can be next to impossible.
However, if you want the best of multiple worlds, you should give the Hamilton Beach FlexBrew Thermal Coffee Maker a shot. It can offer you several brew sizes and options, promising delicious results according to those who tried it. Now, are you ready to indulge in a rich cup of coffee?