Nothing beats the flavor and aroma of a freshly brewed cup of coffee, and the best basic coffee maker will make this possible. Without much hassle or preparation, a well-built yet simple coffee maker will allow you to prepare fresh coffee whenever you crave a custom-made cup. Moreover, these basic machines are quite affordable, so you can get one for your office as well if you drink more than one cup of coffee per day.
In this article, we’ll review some of the best basic coffee makers on the market. We’ll also suggest a few features that you need to take into consideration if you want to buy a reliable machine.
If you’re in a hurry, here are our top picks:
Reviews of the Best Basic Coffee Maker
Although new coffee makers come with lots of amazing features, you sometimes need a basic model to keep in the office or in your bedroom. Check out our top picks.
Although this is an affordable and compact coffee maker, it comes with several features that you can only find in more expensive models. This machine can brew up to 12 cups at the same time. Moreover, the hot plate will keep your coffee warm for up to 2 hours.
It comes with a clock and timer option that allows you to prepare coffee in advance for up to 24 hours. This means that you can wake up to fresh coffee every single day. The soft-touch panel is easy to control, and the machine will shut off after 2 hours for maximum safety.
You can pause the machine and pour a cup of coffee before the brewing is done. The glass carafe allows you to see the water in the reservoir to prevent overfilling.
The machine comes with a removable basket to keep the coffee grounds away from your cup. This basket is very easy to clean. You need to wipe the machine clean after every use because the enamel plate tends to peel off.
What We Like
- Affordable and compact machine.
- Can prepare up to 12 cups of coffee.
- Hot plate to keep the coffee for up to 2 hours.
- 24-programming feature.
- Removable filter basket.
What We Don’t Like
- The enamel tends to peel off.
- On/off indicator light lets you know when your coffee maker is on or off
- Grab-a-cup auto pause stops cycle if you need a cup before brewing is finished
- Dual water window allows visibility as you fill—no more overflows
- Removable filter basket for quick and easy cleanup
- Stain-resistant warming plate is easy to clean
Enjoy your daily coffee ritual with this simple machine. This is a lightweight and affordable machine that allows you to prepare 4 cups of fresh and delicious coffee at the same time.
First-timers, teenagers, and elderly people can use this machine to prepare fresh coffee as it’s quite straightforward to use. The light will let you know your coffee is ready, and you can pause the machine if you want to grab a cup before the brew cycle is over. The water window lets you know much water is left.
After preparing your coffee, you can remove the stain-resistant warming plate for fast cleaning. The filter basket is also removable for fast clean-up. However, this machine feels a little flimsy as it’s made of plastic.
What We Like
- Lightweight and affordable coffee maker.
- Straightforward use.
- Water window to show much water is left.
- Power light lets you know that your coffee is ready.
- Easy and fast cleaning.
What We Don’t Like
- Flimsy plastic body.
- COFFEE POT MAKER - 12 Cup Drip Coffeemaker with illuminated One-touch button On/Off Switch. With Glass Carafe. Including reusable filter and removable basket filter for the Coffee grounds of your choice and for easy cleaning.
- PERFECT DESIGN C0FFEE MAKER - Our coffee machine comes in a small and compact design to fit almost everywhere. Dimensions of the coffee pot - (LXWXH) : 9.00 x 7.00 x 12.00 inches 950w
- KEEP HOT CARAFE PLATE - The electric coffee maker has a nonstick carafe plate that keeps coffee warm after the coffee brewer completes.
- TRANSPARENT WATER WINDOW - Beautiful 12 cup coffee maker with water window, allows visibility as you fill—no more overflows. coffe maker brews up to 12 cups at a time.
- CUSTOMER SUPPORT - We, At MIXPRESSO, Offer Not Only Top Grade coffee makers 12 cup, With Good Quality Products But Also Provide Top Of The Line Customer Service Along With Our 1-Year No Questions Asked Warranty Policy Which You Won't Get With Other Brands that sell coffee pots!!
If you’re looking for a coffee maker for a busy office or a big household, you should check this one out. This machine will prepare up to 12 cups of coffee and comes with a single one-touch on and off button to minimize preparation. Nevertheless, the compact and minimalist design will fit any counter space.
The hot carafe plate will keep your coffee warm after preparation. The coffee maker comes with a removable filter basket to keep the coffee grounds away. The transparent carafe tells you how much water is left to prevent overflows.
You can pause the machine and pour a cup of coffee before the brewing cycle is over. However, the carafe design can cause the water to drip when you’re filling the reservoir.
What We Like
- Compact basic coffee maker for 12 cups of coffee.
- Easy operation.
- Hot plate to keep coffee warm.
- Removable filter and basket.
What We Don’t Like
- Water can drip while filling the reservoir.
How to Choose the Best Basic Coffee Maker
There are tens of ways to prepare a delicious cup of coffee. While basic coffee makers might not be packed with the latest technological trends, they still allow you to prepare fresh coffee whenever you like. Here are a few features to think about before buying the best basic coffee maker.
Although a bigger machine will always come in handy when you’re brewing coffee for multiple people, you don’t really need a big machine if you’re only preparing your morning coffee. Bigger machines have a larger footprint and might occupy counter space.
When you’re too busy, you might accidentally leave your machine on. A safety feature will turn the machine off automatically after a while.
Having a warming plate will keep your coffee warm until you need to pour a cup. Most basic coffee makers don’t offer the ability to control the water temperature for maximum brewing, but you can keep your coffee warm even if you’re on a budget.
Cleaning your coffee machine guarantees that you won’t taste stale coffee. Make sure that the filter basket is easy to remove, so you can clean it after several uses. You will always enjoy the delicious taste of freshly brewed coffee.
Being on a tight budget doesn’t mean that you can’t enjoy delicious coffee whenever you like. We chose the BLACK+DECKER DLX1050B 12-cup Programmable Coffee Maker with glass carafe because it can be programmed for up to 24 hours, so you can prepare your coffee in advance. Moreover, the machine is easy to clean and keeps your coffee warm after it has been brewed. If you don’t like this model, you can check out the other options on our list.