If coffee is one of your daily rituals, you need a reliable coffee maker to enjoy your caffeine break to the max!
However, coffee machines vary in price greatly and some of them can set you back a few thousand bucks.
There are many cheap coffee makers out there but not all of them are worth your time. Read on if you’re looking for the best budget coffee maker for the best bang for your buck!
If you’re in a rush, here are our top picks:
Top 5 Budget Coffee Makers Available on the Market
To help you make the most out of your hard-earned cash, we’ve scoured the market looking for the best coffee makers that are cheap but still great. Let’s check them out.
- Two ways to brew: Brew a full pot using your favorite grounds on the thermal carafe side or make a cup for yourself using a Keurig k-cup pod or grounds on the single-serve side with this 2-in-1 coffee maker
- Stainless steel, 10-cup thermal carafe: Thermal carafe keeps coffee hot and fresh. Features programmable timer, auto pause & serve and auto shutoff
- Single-serve-brew with K-Cup pods or without: Pod holder and single-serve grounds basket are included. Features cup rest that adjusts to fit tall mugs and doubles as storage. Pod-piercing needle removes for easy cleaning to prevent clogging
- Separate water reservoirs: Each brewer has its own water reservoir that’s easy to fill and features a water window so you always know which brewer has how much water
- Brewing flexibility: The Hamilton Beach flex brew 2-way coffee maker has the option to please fans of all types of coffees and quantities, making it the perfect gift for a home with multiple coffee drinkers
Starting with one of the best coffee makers within this price range. Hamilton Beach coffee makers are known for their great quality and the FlexBrew isn’t an exception to this rule.
This one is a highly versatile model that can brew both ground coffee as well as Keurig k-cup single coffee pods. It can also control the brew strength of the coffee to customize it to your liking!
The machine brews coffee in less than 3 minutes to give you one of the best tasting coffee cups out there when compared to its competitors.
The 2 separate water reservoirs are easy to fill with a view window to help you monitor the level of water in the machine.
The device is also programmable and can be set with an auto-shutoff timer for easy use. Not only that, but the machine also pauses when you remove the carafe from its place for safety and eliminating mess.
- A programmable system with timers and brew intensity
- Versatile and uses both pods and ground coffee
- Easy to clean
- The warming plate doesn’t have a manual shutoff option
- ENJOY HOTTER COFFEE: Expert coffee-making technology will allow you to ensure your coffee temperature is perfect without sacrificing flavor or quality
- BREW STRENGTH CONTROL: Select regular or bold coffee flavor to perfectly match your coffee taste preference
- FULLY AUTOMATIC COFFEE BREWER: 24-hour programmability with 1–4 cup settings, auto-off functionality—0-4 hours—and optional ready alert tone
- 14-CUP GLASS CARAFE: Includes decorative stainless-steel handle with matching stainless-steel body to perfectly pair with your kitchen appliances
- FILL WITH EASE: Easy-to-view water window for accurate filling and Cuisinart’s trademarked Brew Pause feature lets you enjoy a cup of coffee before the brewing cycle has finished
If you’re looking for a fancy programmable coffee maker without exceeding your budget, consider this excellent coffee maker.
The Cuisinart Perfectemp is one of the most brilliant coffee makers that simply works for almost everyone!
The device is available in a wide variety of color options to suit the surrounding decorations. It can brew up enough coffee for up to 14 cups.
The system is fully automatic and you can easily set it to make you coffee whenever you want for up to 24 hours in advance.
Not only that, but it’ll also save you the hassle of cleaning the machine yourself with its auto-clean feature.
- Adjustable brew strength and timer
- Cleans itself automatically
- Available in a variety of colors
- Compact for its serving size
- Filling the brewer with water is a bit cumbersome
- GRIND AND BREW: grinds whole coffee beans to release delicious aroma and automatically brews for the freshest taste
- BREW WHOLE BEAN OR PRE-GROUND COFFEE: can either grind and brew whole coffee beans or brew pre-ground coffee
- POWERFUL STAINLESS STEEL BURR GRINDER: premium flat burr grinder with 2 settings for coarse or fine grind to suit your favorite coffee beans type. Can easily grind oily and flavored beans
- EASY TO CLEAN & DISHWASHER SAFE: Designed for easy cleaning when needed - all parts in contact with coffee can be disassembled and cleaned in a dishwasher
- ACCESSORIES INCLUDED: stainless steel permanent filter, KRUPS coffee scoop, cleaning brush, and glass coffee pot with fill water mark indicators
If you like controlling the size of the coffee grounds or even brew whole beans, this one is for you!
The KRUPS Personal Café coffee maker comes with a built-in coffee grinder for better space efficiency and adding more value to your purchase.
With this machine, you’ll enjoy freshly ground coffee to choose between coarse and fine particle size for the optimum taste and color.
Additionally, the system has a 30-minute keep warm tray to consider the quality and warmth of your coffee to drink it anytime!
- Features a built-in coffee-grinder
- Allow you to adjust the coffee intensity and shade
- Easy to disassemble with dishwasher safe parts
- Short keep warm functionality
This machine is one of the fastest coffee makers in this price range. It’s able to brew your coffee in less than 45 seconds only with its 15 bar pressure system!
The Barsetto is also super accurate with double temperature controls to brew the coffee at the optimum temperature every time.
Moreover, it comes with a milk frother, which you can use to make lattes, cappuccinos, and other milk-based espressos!
- The fastest coffee maker for this price range
- Features a milk-frothing wand for lattes
- Highly accurate
- Pricier than other options
- A bit bulky
Last but not the least, this Redline MK1 Coffee Brewer is an awesome choice for sophisticated coffee consumers that like easy processes.
It’s pretty durable and rugged, so you can count on it to last you for a decent time, especially with good care.
The boron glass carafe that comes with the machine allows for even temperature distribution for a consistent taste.
The machine uses a single click operation to allow you to brew up to 8 cups of coffee. In addition to all that the machine comes with 2 years of warranty with 60 days return policy.
- Easy to use with a wide reservoir and one-click operation
- Features 2 years of warranty and 60 days money-back guarantee
- The drip lever pauses if you remove the carafe for safety
- Takes a bit longer to brew (about 6 minutes)
What Features to Prioritize with a Limited Budget?
With a limited budget, you might find yourself locked to certain choices. Here are some of the best features to keep in mind while choosing your coffee maker:
- Serving size: the higher the serving size the bulkier (and sometimes more expensive) the coffee maker will be, so you have to keep that in mind.
- Versatility: you should pick your coffee brewer depending on how you drink your coffee (pods or grounds). For the best value, look for the ones that offer both!
- Speed: ideally, a coffee maker in that price range should get your coffee ready in about 5 to 6 minutes or less
- Ease of cleaning: whether it’s through self-cleaning features or by being dishwasher friendly, always look for a coffee maker that won’t make your kitchen a pile of mess.
With that said, you now have a better idea about finding the best coffee maker even with a limited budget.
Ideally, we recommend Hamilton Beach FlexBrew Thermal Coffee Maker as the best budget coffee maker because it’s highly efficient, versatile, and easy to clean.
However, if you’re willing to splurge your entire budget for an excellent coffee machine, or you’re looking for an affordable professional espresso machine for a small start-up, Barsetto has got you covered!
But if you have the extra budget, you can instead get a commercial coffee maker that’s great for home use.