Nothing tastes or smells better than freshly ground coffee beans. But does this mean that you need hundreds of dollars to get an electric grinder that actually works?
You can grind your favorite coffee beans at home and still be on a budget. Keep on reading to learn more about how to pick the best budget electric coffee grinder and check out our top reviews.
At a glance
Best Budget Electric Coffee Grinder Reviews
Instead of buying ground coffee that might not taste fresh, you can grind your favorite coffee beans to prepare any coffee-based drink. This way, your coffee will retain all the flavors and aroma, so you can enjoy an incredible cup of coffee.
When you’re on a tight budget, you need to look for products that provide the best value for your money. You don’t have to settle for preground coffee, and you can grind your coffee on the spot to enjoy the taste and delicious crema. So, check out our top picks.
- ENJOY OPTIMUM FLAVOR: Burr grinding provides a uniform grind to your fresh coffee beans with its 18-position grind selector – move the slide-dial from ultra-fine to extra-coarse to ensure your coffee grounds are exactly the way you prefer
- REMOVABLE FEATURES: Our 8 oz. bean hopper is fully removable as well as our built-in grind chamber for ease-of-use and accessibility during the cleaning process
- GRIND CHAMBER: Our removable grind chamber holds enough ground coffee for 32-cups, you won’t have to worry about grinding beans multiple times to brew coffee for the entire household
- ONE-TOUCH GRIND: The one-touch power bar is separate from the unit and complemented by an electric timer that automatically shuts off the unit when your grind cycle is complete
- CONVENIENT DESIGN: Our heavy-duty unit motor doesn’t take away space for additional design features; enjoy the convenience of cord storage and an additional scoop/cleaning brush to declutter, clean and maximize counter space
This stainless steel burr mill grinder allows you to choose between 18 different levels to grind your coffee beans from ultra coarse to ultra-fine. The automatic stop guarantees that you can stop grinding at the right setting so you can get the right amount of oils, aroma, and flavor in every cup.
This grinder is big enough to grind enough coffee to make 4 to 18 cups of coffee, so it’s the perfect choice for a busy household or office. The removable chamber can hold enough coffee to make 32 cups, so you don’t have to grind your coffee beans every day.
The cord stores conveniently to keep the rest of your countertop organized. Once you’re done, use the cleaning brush to remove all the residue. This is crucial so the shoot doesn’t get clogged. However, you need to be aware that this grinder is a bit loud.
What We Like
- Reliable stainless steel grinder.
- 18 different grinding settings.
- Can grind coffee to make between 4 and 18 cups.
- Extra coffee can be stored in the chamber.
- Cord storage.
What We Don’t Like
- The grinder is loud.
Thanks to this grinder, you will be able to grind coffee into 19 different settings. The grinder is extremely easy to use and features stainless steel burrs to guarantee richness of flavor and strong aroma. You will be able to grind coffee to make between 1 and 12 cups in one go, so this is a great choice for your coffee-loving couple.
If you have a small countertop, this will work perfectly because it has a small footprint. The engine has a low RPM to reduce noise and heat while you’re grinding your coffee beans.
You can store your ground coffee because the resealable dust-proof lid will keep your coffee fresh. The grinder comes with a brush to help you clean it. However, fine grounds can be a little bit difficult to clean as they get stuck.
What We Like
- 19 grinding settings.
- Prepare coffee up to 12 cups.
- Small footprint.
- Low noise operation.
What We Don’t Like
- Fine grounds get stuck.
- CUSTOMIZABLE: Intelligent design features take the hassle out of grinding your own coffee, with a 110-watt motor that delivers a consistent, even grind every time! With 17 grinding options, you can customize your grind from extremely fine to coarse, 17 being the finest and 1 being the coarsest
- SPACIOUS: The large hopper holds up to 2.8 ounces of coffee beans to make anywhere from 2-12 cups at a time, so you can make freshly brewed coffee for yourself or the whole family. Make sure to allow the motor to cool for about 2 minutes between brewing cycles
- FULL FLAVOR: Burr mill system avoids overheating the coffee beans, so you get freshly ground coffee with full-bodied flavor and better taste, perfect for any brew process you are using such as automatic drip or French press
- EASY USE AND EASY CLEAN: This grinder is designed with an easy, one touch operation to make the grinding process quick and easy. Burr grinding disc and container are detachable for easy cleaning, allowing for time to enjoy your cup of coffee. Bonus free cleaning brush included
- RESOURCES: cetl approved with advanced safety technology for long lasting durability, & 1-year assurance provided by Chefman, so you can purchase worry-free - We've got your back! For information on how to use your product, scroll down for a PDF user guide
This grinder has a reliable 100-watt motor that delivers consistent grinding, with 17 different settings that allow you to grind your coffee beans from fine to coarse. The coffee grinder is big enough to hold 2.8 ounces of coffee beans, allowing you to prepare up to 12 cups of coffee at the same time.
The burr system prevents overheating and oxidizes your coffee beans, and changes their taste. This grinder is easy to use and clean. The grinding disc and container are removable, and the one-touch buttons allow you to grind your coffee in less time. It comes with a brush to make cleaning easier.
Nevertheless, every time you need to change the grinding setting, you will have to empty the chamber. This will be a little inconvenient for someone who likes to prepare coffee using different settings.
What We Like
- Strong and low-noise motor.
- Enough coffee for up to 12 cups.
- 17 different grinding settings.
- Prevents oxidization.
- Easy to clean.
What We Don’t Like
- You need to empty the chamber before changing the grinding setting.
How to Choose the Right Budget Electric Coffee Grinder
Being on a tight budget doesn’t mean that you can’t choose between reliable electric coffee grinders to prepare the best cup of coffee. Here are a few things that you need to think about.
Think about buying an electric grinder with a good motor. It should provide consistent grinding, so you can end up with uniform coffee grounds. It should also be quiet, so it doesn’t cause a lot of disturbance, especially if you’re preparing coffee in a busy household or office.
Before buying a grinder, you need to ask yourself about the amount of coffee you wish to prepare every day. Of course, you can grind your coffee right before making a cup, but some grinders can grind enough coffee to prepare multiple cups in one go. So, they will work best if you drink several cups of coffee throughout the day.
Having multiple grinding settings will allow you to prepare different types of coffee-based drinks. Make sure that you pick a grinder that you can precisely set to grind coffee beans to the right setting. You should also make sure that there’s a shut-off option that stops grinding the beans to reach the right settings.
Even if you’re on a tight budget, you can still get a reliable electric coffee grinder. There are lots of great options on the market, but we chose the Cuisinart DBM-8 Supreme Grind Automatic Burr Mill. This is a reliable grinder that allows you to grind coffee to prepare a large amount of coffee, so it’s a great choice for a busy household or office. If you don’t like this option, you can find other cool options on our list.