A two-in-one machine typically saves space and cash. This is certainly true for grind and brew coffee makers. In addition, you save precious time as you make your cup of joe early in the morning. You can program one machine, press one button, and voila, your coffee is ready.
These machines are gaining a lot of popularity, and they definitely piqued our interest. If you’d like to know more, we put together the best burr grinder coffee maker reviews. Also, we added a full guide on how to choose the right one.
At a glance
The Top 3 Burr Grinder Coffee Makers Reviews
The following are detailed reviews of the finest grind and brew coffee makers. As you read through, try to match their features with your individual requirements. This would be a quick and easy way to pick the right one.
- FULLY PROGRAMMABLE: Designed with superior functionality in mind boasting features such as 24-hour advance brew start, 1-4 cup settings, self-clean and auto shutoff from 0-4 hours
- GRIND AND GO: Grinds whole beans right before brewing to produce fresh and flavorful coffee and additionally supports unique grind-off feature when you’d like to serve pre-ground blends
- ENJOY WITH EASE: Cuisinart’s trademarked Brew Pause feature lets you enjoy a cup of coffee before the brewing cycle has finished
- CARAFE FEATURES: 12-cup (5 oz. each) glass carafe features ergonomic comfort grip black handle, dripless spout, lid, and knuckle guard for added protection
- DURABLE FILTERS: Reusable gold-tone coffee filter included and built-in charcoal water filter
The Cuisinart Grind and Brew takes care of your cup of coffee in every possible way. Starting with purifying the water with the charcoal filter, which also removes any unnecessary odors.
The burr grinds provide fresh, flavorful, and uniform coffee grounds for the best possible cup. Still, you have the option to use ready-made grounds if you like.
You can prepare 12 cups for a crowd, and the large carafe would keep it warm for the longest time. And if you need much less coffee, you can choose the 1-4 cups selection, which would adjust the settings to suit the smaller volume.
This coffee maker wouldn’t take up too much real estate on your counter, as it measures about 10x12x17 inches. It’s also quite stylish, and totally worth the cash.
- Fully automated
- 12-cup large carafe
- Pre- programming till up to 24 hours
- Optional pre-ground coffee and grinder override
- Charcoal water filter
- Comes with a Gold Tone filter
- Slim and stylish design
- A bit loud, but only for 30 seconds
- Cleaning it might not be too easy
- 10 CUP COFFEEMAKER W/ BUILT IN GRINDER: Brew great tasting coffee at home — built in conical burr grinder grinds beans right before brewing for enticingly rich aroma and full bodied flavor (no need for a separate grinder)
- EASY CUSTOMIZING: 2 to 10 cup grinder setting for customizing the amount, 5 grind settings (coarse to fine) for choosing the intensity, and brew strength selector with 3 flavor options (mild, medium, and strong)
- AUTO START & KEEP WARM: Schedule the brew cycle to start whenever you want (great for wake up coffee); 2 hour keep warm for delicious hot coffee from first cup to last. The glass coffee pot and the filter receptacle must be washed in the upper rack of the dishwasher
- BREW PAUSE & PRECISE POURING: No need to wait — pause and serve function allows for pouring a cup at any time during the brew cycle; carafe with curved spout ensures drip free pouring down to the last drop
- USER FRIENDLY DESIGN: Intuitive controls and a crystal clear LCD screen ensure easy programming and use; removable gold tone filter included for hassle free cleaning
You can adjust the grind size settings from fine to coarse, which is a nice feature, and totally caters to every taste. The grinder also can be set to match the required cups, and you can select any amount from 2-10 cups.
In addition, you can select the desired brew strength from 3 flavors: mild brew, medium brew, and strong brew.
This coffee maker is generally user-friendly, and once you’re done, you can pop the carafe and filter into the dishwasher. It’s a bit more expensive than the Cuisinart, but the extra features justify the price bump.
- Programmable and automated
- 10-cup glass carafe
- 5 different grind settings
- 3 brew strength selections
- Carafe and filter easy to clean
- It’s external form is a bit irregular
- Dark roast beans might get stuck in the grinder
- The Breville Grind Control creates third wave specialty coffee by capturing freshness and essential oils from beans by grinding before you brew with Steep and Release technology; Choose to brew directly into a carafe, tall cup or travel mug for on the go
- PROGRAMMABLE AUTO START: Set the time you'd like your coffee and the Grind Control will start the brewing process automatically; Delivers brew water at the right temperature from the start to the finish of the brewing process
- INTEGRATED AND ADJUSTABLE GRINDER: Adjust the grinder output to suit any bean from anywhere and customize the grind size to suit your taste
- STEEP AND RELEASE TECHNOLOGY: Brew your coffee directly into a large carafe, tall cup or travel mug with equal balance and flavor profile
- LCD DISPLAY: A clear and concise LCD screen shows grind setting, grind time and number of shots or cups you have selected
The Breville is a new-age coffee maker that’s fully automated to grind and brew with the slightest effort. Its accurate performance guarantees consistent quality and the perfect cup of coffee every single time.
This coffee maker is designed such that you can collect the brew in the carafe, a travel mug, or a tall mug. This flexibility is much appreciated.
The unit’s dimensions are approx. 9x14x17 inches, which makes it easy to fit into tight spaces. Even a coffee tray would be sufficient.
- 12-cup thermal carafe
- Easy controls
- Programmable functions
- Adjustable ground size
- Comes with a Gold Tone filter
- It’s a pricey machine
How to Choose the Right Grind and Brew Coffee Maker
Having made the choice of buying a burr grinder coffee maker, then you already established that having a single unit with both a grinder and a brewer is the best choice. Also, you probably know that a burr is far advantageous than a blade when it comes to giving uniform and wholesome coffee grounds.
What remains then, is to pinpoint the one grind and brew coffee machine that fits your personal style and household requirements. Here’s a checklist of what to consider before committing to a purchase.
Capacity and Cups
Big machines with huge reservoirs can prepare more than a dozen cups, and that’s amazing if you entertain a lot. However, if you live with a few people, or mostly prepare a single-serve, then it would be a bit much.
Matching the coffee machine capacity with your actual requirements can save up a lot of cash. In addition, a compact device would save space as well.
You might need a large-capacity coffee maker, but there’s a clear space limitation in your kitchen. In that case, you’d need to buy the most compact codel.
It’s worth noting that coffee makers could be extra tall, so you should consider the cabinet heights as well.
Beware of the Noise Level
Coffee makers are mostly noisy devices, with the exception of a few considerate models. Moreover, grinders rarely work quietly. Which makes for a clanky combination!
There are, however, different levels of noise. Some machines would wake up your whole building, while others would make their presence felt around the household members only.
Safety Features Are Essential
Whenever you’re using an electric device, then it should have an auto-shutoff feature. This is a fundamental protection for circuitry. Additionally, if it involves heating, then an overheat cutoff or reset is necessary.
Luckily, most devices have these features as a minimum. But if they offer more, then that’s even better.
Ease of Cleaning Is Highly Recommended
Anything that handles foods or drinks needs extensive cleaning after each use. Otherwise, it would be a playground for mold, bacteria, and various other unsightly pathogens you wouldn’t want around your beverage.
A device that’s easy to clean is far better than the ones that require special treatment.
Aesthetics Are Important
The coffee maker is often the centerpiece of a coffee corner or kitchen counter. It should be stylish and nice to look at. After all, coffee is a mood drink, and everything about it should reflect a sense of pleasure.
The perfect grind and brew cup of coffee is certainly worth a bit of looking around. These machines are gaining more popularity every day. But still, there are reliability issues that inevitably come with multiprocess devices.
That’s why we took our time in trying various models till we managed to put together the perfect list. And if you’d like to know which one has the top spot, that’s easy!
The Cuisinart Coffeemaker checks all the boxes when it comes to making the finest cup of coffee. It’s also user-friendly, stylish, and comes at a great price.