Drip coffee makers are highly versatile and easy to set up. But in order to enjoy an excellent coffee cup with a fantastic aroma and taste, you need to pay attention to the coffee beans you buy.
Because we love coffee, we spent a long time researching the market. We finally chose 3 of the best coffee beans for drip coffee maker, and we also highlighted some of the features that you need to think about before buying your next batch of coffee beans.
If you’re in a hurry, here are our top picks:
How to Choose the Best Coffee Beans for Drip Coffee Maker
Everyone has different taste preferences when it comes to choosing their coffee beans, but high-quality beans will always grant you a rich coffee cup whenever you like. Here are a few features to think about when you’re picking your next bag of coffee beans.
Arabica coffee beans deliver a better taste with a richer aroma, but they’re more expensive. They have a wine-like taste with fruity and sweet undertones, and feel more acidic.
Robusta coffee beans have a different taste, so they will work for those who enjoy a peanut-like taste. They’re cheaper, but they contain more caffeine, so they’re suitable for those who don’t mind the tangy taste. In some cases, you can find a blend of both.
Coffee beans get darker when they’re roasted. Light roast coffee beans have no oil, so they won’t produce the rich crema on top of your cup because they haven’t absorbed much heat.
Medium-roast coffee beans are well-balanced because they have been roasted to release their oils. The coffee will have a richer body and a stronger aroma, unlike light roast beans, which taste greener.
For those who need a strong coffee to set the mode for the day, dark roast beans work best. The coffee has a robust taste with a smoky flavor and a rich layer of oil on top of your cup. The strong taste might not work for everyone, so dark roast beans are usually mixed with medium roast beans to create a more balanced taste.
High-quality coffee beans don’t come cheap. However, there are some excellent blends that are quite affordable, and they will work for those who enjoy several coffee cups every day. Nevertheless, some people are willing to pay a higher price tag for a specialty blend that delivers more taste and aroma.
Reviews of the Best Coffee Beans for Drip Coffee Maker
With many roasts and brews, finding the right coffee beans for your drip coffee maker can be a little challenging. Check out our top picks.
Although these coffee beans are more expensive than other brands, they will work for you if you’re looking for specialty medium/dark-roast coffee beans. They’re made of high-quality, hand-picked Arabica beans and deliver a rich brew with a deep fruity flavor with a nutty scent.
Unlike other darker roasts, these ones don’t have a bitter aftertaste. The beans are accurately handled with no burning or over-roasting. They have the right amount of acidity to give your coffee cup the needed kick, as they’ve grown at a high altitude that allows the coffee beans to grow to their full potential.
They’re protected by triple-layered aluminum packaging, which keeps them fresh for a long time. You’ll receive 2 pounds of washed beans when you make a purchase, so you can enjoy your coffee for a long time, despite the higher price.
What We Like
- Hand-picked high-quality Arabica beans.
- Rich brew with a deep fruity flavor.
- Balanced aftertaste.
- Triple-layered aluminum packaging to maintain the taste.
What We Don’t Like
- More expensive than other brands.
- GREAT TASTING Coffee for over 100 years – Winey notes and a rich, elegant aroma with a full-bodied finish. All of roasting is done at our own facility in Maryland, USA
- Classic Medium Roast: The Original is our oldest recipe and most iconic roast
- Bold Flavors: Delivers sweet and fruity notes with a well-balanced finish
- Quality Guaranteed: 100% Arabica beans for premium quality and taste, Kosher certified
- Commitment to Environment: Through partnerships with different coffee organizations, we hope to support the coffee farming community with the goal to help improve the quality of life for all people involved in the coffee supply chain
A long history stands behind this brand of coffee beans. The original classic medium roast has winey notes for a rich flavor and elegant taste to enjoy with your drip coffee maker. It’s designed to deliver sweet and fruity notes in a well-balanced finish as you enjoy the 100% Arabica beans.
There are mild, medium, and dark blends to choose from, depending on your favorite taste. If you’re an avid coffee drinker, this blend will work for you because you receive 1.5 pounds for an affordable price.
You can guarantee better quality because the beans are certified by coffee experts. They’re also Kosher-certified. However, they’re weaker in the aroma department compared to other medium blends. Nevertheless, if you’re looking for reasonably-priced beans with a well-balanced taste, these should work for you.
What We Like
- High-quality coffee beans.
- Sweet and fruity notes.
- Reasonably priced coffee beans.
- Tested for quality and Kosher-certified.
What We Don’t Like
- Aroma can be a little weak.
- DARK ROAST, WHOLE BEAN: Rich, dark chocolate, decadent. From the heart of the mountains, a strong spirit roars. The most magical hand mother nature can deal
- TASTING NOTES, BREW METHOD: Rich, dark chocolate, cacao nibs, brown sugar and roasted hazelnuts. Recommended methods: French press, drip machine, pour over and cold brew
- ORIGIN CENTRAL & SOUTH AMERICA: Grown in a socially and environmentally responsible way, by farmers with sustainable businesses they can depend on
- ORGANIC, FAIRTRADE, KOSHER, SHADE GROWN, ARABICA COFFEE: Coffee that is good and fair for the coffee drinkers, the farmers and the planet. 100 percent Certified
- ROASTED IN THE ROCKY MOUNTAINS: It’s all deep, dark and delicious, roasted right below the towering Canadian Rocky Mountain peaks
This dark roast blend is the right choice for those who need strong coffee. The rich dark chocolate, roasted hazelnuts and brown sugar combine together to offer a unique tasting experience. The condensed sugar cane and cocoa powder aroma add the needed sweetness, so your coffee will always taste balanced.
These 100% whole Arabica beans are grown at the top of mountains in socially and environmentally responsible ways in a sustainable business. The coffee is organic and Kosher-certified.
Although this blend is more expensive than other blends, you will receive 2.2 pounds of coffee beans. The coffee delivers a velvety earthy taste that lingers with every sip. This blend is more expensive than other beans and is only suitable for those who enjoy strong coffee.
What We Like
- Dark chocolate and roasted hazelnut taste.
- Condensed sugar cane and cocoa powder aroma.
- Sustainable business.
- Velvety texture.
What We Don’t Like
- Can be strong for some coffee drinkers.
- More expensive than other models.
Using your drip coffee maker, you can enjoy rich and balanced coffee with a wonderful flavor and strong aroma. We chose the Café de Loja AWARDED-ORIGIN Specialty Coffee Beans Medium/Dark Roast as our top choice because they deliver a rich fruity flavor with a balanced aftertaste. If you’re a fan of stronger coffee, you can choose the Kicking Horse Coffee Grizzly Claw Dark Roast. It’s suitable for those who enjoy a bold taste.