A reliable coffee grinder can take your coffee drinking experience to a whole new level of flavors. If you’re looking to enter the wonderful world of freshly ground coffee, then you’ve come to the right place!
Today, we’re helping you find the best coffee grinder for automatic drip coffee makers. So let’s get started!
If you’re in a hurry, here are our top picks:
- Stainless steel conical burrs designed to minimize grinding heat and protect the essential oils in the coffee bean
- 60 precise grind settings from the finest Espresso to the coarsest French Press Grind. Voltage: 110 120 Volts. Power: 165 Watts
- Precision Electronic Timer allows users to adjust grind time in 0.2 second increments and consistent dose every time
- 18 ounce coffee bean capacity with locking system for easy removal, storage, and transfer of the bean hopper
- Grind directly into portafilter, grinds container, gold tone filter basket or paper filter
Kicking off our list with a well-established brand, Breville makes premium-quality kitchen appliances and this coffee grinder is no exception.
The Smart Pro Coffee Grinder is a conical burr type, so it can produce an even grind with every use. It features 60 different grind settings ranging from the coarsest grind for French Press coffee to the finest grind for espresso shots, so it can handle an automatic drip coffee maker without issues.
Additionally, the Smart Pro coffee grinder is equipped with a digital timer with 0.2-second intervals for extra precise dosing. Its burrs are stainless steel, designed to reduce grinding heat so the volatile compounds of your coffee will stay intact.
The hopper offers a 16oz capacity for holding beans, complete with a locking mechanism to easily attach and detach. To ensure maximum convenience, this grinder allows you to grind directly into a portafilter or an airtight container — both of which are included in the box.
- 60 grind settings
- Digital timer with 0.2 intervals
- Comes with an airtight container and 2 portafilter sizes
- LCD display
- Premium price tag
- [ Built-in Adjustable Grind Selector ] Equipped with over 18 manual grind settings to ensures you have 100% precision & control over the coarseness of your grind making for the perfect cup of coffee to start your day.
- [ Convenient, Portable & Easy to Use ] Removable hand crank mechanism consistently eliminates over 90% the noise that an electric coffee bean grinder would produce. No batteries, power, or long plastic cords needed to operate your coffee burr grinder at home or on the go.
- [ A Fresh Ground Cup to Start Your Day ] JavaPresse Manual Coffee Grinder dispenses your fresh coffee grounds ready to brew - feel the coffee beans grind as you mill them the manual way! Smell the fresh aroma of your daily coffee as you brew them on your espresso machine, Aeropress, French Press or Pour Over Coffee Maker. Ground, Brew, and Enjoy!
- [ Built to Last ] Crafted with the same essence as traditional Japanese cookware, our patented Ceramic Burrs are tested through three quality inspections to last 5x's longer than comparable stainless steel burrs
- The JavaPresse Manual Burr Coffee Grinder was built with a patented professional grade ceramic conical burr to provide an incredibly consistent grind for a variety of brews. We are so confident in this grinder we stand behind it with a manufacture warranty & 100% money back guarentee
Having an automatic drip coffee maker doesn’t mean you can’t own a manual grinder, and if you’re looking for a reliable one, then you should consider the JavaPresse Manual Coffee Grinder.
It’s powerful, super affordable, and delivers good precision in terms of how coarse or how fine you want your coffee. This kind of control is possible because of the built-in grind selector with 18 different settings.
You operate the JavaPresse grinder using a hand crank that’s removable for extra convenience during storage. The manual mechanism offers a quieter process, claiming to be 90% less noisy than electric grinders.
Equipped with ceramic conical burrs, this grinder is designed to last up to 5 times longer than models with stainless steel blades.
- Very quiet operation
- 18 grind size adjustments
- Removable hand crank
- Affordable price
- Fine grinding can be time-consuming
- PRECISION GRINDING: Commercial-grade, solid steel conical burrs with advanced cutting design
- WIDE GRINDING RANGE: From ultrafine Turkish to French Press coarse and everything in between
- PRESERVES AROMA: Gear reduction motor grinds slow with reduced noise and little static build-up
- LARGE CAPACITY: 8.8 ounce bean container and 4 ounce ground coffee container.Watts/Volts/Hertz: 100W/120V/60Hz
- EASY TO CLEAN: Removable upper burr allows access for easy cleaning
The Infinity Conical Burr Grinder from Capresso features commercial-grade burrs made from stainless steel. They produce a consistent grind time after time no matter the size you choose.
Speaking of which, this coffee grinder offers a decent range of grind sizes divided into 4 main categories: extra-fine, fine, medium, and coarse. In total, you get 16 size settings.
This means it can match your automatic drip coffee maker without a problem. What’s more, this grinder is equipped with a gear reduction motor to minimize noise and reduce heat.
The capacity of the included bean container is 8.8 ounces, while that of the grinding container is up to 4.4 ounces. There’s also a built-in timer that you can set anywhere between 5 and 60 seconds for improved precision.
This grinder comes with a cleaning brush and a measuring scoop, available in black and stainless steel colors.
- Durable ceramic burrs
- Reduced noise and heat production
- Comes with a cleaning brush and measuring scoop
- Prone to clogging unless cleaned regularly
- Durable 40 millimeter stainless steel conical burrs create uniform grounds for optimal flavor extraction
- 15 settings (plus Micro settings) let you adjust your grind to suit your taste
- One touch start timer keeps your last setting, just push to grind
- Hopper holds up to 0.75 pounds of Coffee beans. Product Dimension - 12x7.4x16 inch
- Grounds container accommodates up to 110 grams (enough for 12 cups). Never use water or other liquids to clean the inside of the grinder/burrs
The OXO BREW Conical Burr Coffee Grinder is efficient and easy to control. It features conical style burrs made from stainless steel to offer a long-lasting service and deliver an even grind with every use.
Precision isn’t an issue with this grinder because not only does it have 15 different grind size settings, but there are also micro-settings that you can adjust to brew the perfect cup of coffee.
The OXO BREW coffee grinder hopper can store up to 0.75 pounds of coffee beans. Additionally, the hopper is tinted to block UV light to protect your coffee from unwanted degradation.
As for the grinding container, it can hold up to 0.24 pounds of coffee grounds. What’s more, this coffee grinder is equipped with a dual-function timer; it saves your last settings so you won’t have to readjust the operation with each use.
- Has micro-adjustments
- Features a UV-blocking tinted hopper
- Compact design
- The grinding container is prone to vibrations
- Ariete: the World-famous coffee machine brand, Well known for the design of its products, Certified by the Red Dot In 2007 and Quiet Mark 2012 for the innovation of their products – we always turning "the everyday" into something special. with years of experience, provides you the best on the market coffee grinder for your coffee refreshment.
- ULTRA FINE GRIND: Heavy duty conical burr disc allows for ultra-fine grind and is suitable for Turkish coffee, the unit have quite operation the bean hopper can hold up to 13.33 oz/378 gr of coffee beans the ground coffee container can hold up to 6.5 oz/194 gr of ground coffee Sleek designed, will complement any decor and save lots of counter space, Dimensions 14” high. 9” deep. 5” wide
- REMOVABLE BEAN HOPPER: Automatic locking bean hopper can be removed with beans inside without spilling useful to storage the beans dark and cool location for the freshness of the beans Grinding head assembly can be easily to clean thoroughly. This professional grade burr grinder is very easy to operate.
- CUSTOMIZE YOUR GRIND, with the 15 GRIND SETTINGS you can customize the grind for your percolator, urn, or French Press (coarse), drip coffee (medium), or espresso machine (fine), with the simple push of a button.
- ADJUSTABLE CUP SIZE: After you choose your coffee grind size use the User Manual guide (pg 4) to set the time dial according to the grind size and coffee cups you want, you will find a useful table sheet with clear information to help you choose the right timing, the unit is ETL certified so you can be confident that you’re receiving safe, efficient, high quality appliances.
Last but not least, the Ariete Electric Coffee Grinder is an excellent choice for anyone looking to enjoy coffee that tastes like a professional made it. It uses heavy-duty conical burrs to produce a range of grind sizes, including ultra-fine.
The included bean hopper carries up to 0.77 pounds of coffee beans, giving you a convenient space to keep your coffee fresh and easily accessible. Additionally, you can remove the hopper with the beans inside for spillage-free storage.
As for grind settings, the Ariete electric grinder by De’Longhi features 15 different settings so you get to adjust it to the proper grind size according to your brewing style. Once you’ve made up your mind, you can choose the appropriate time settings depending on the number of coffee cups you want to make.
The De’Longhi-Ariete coffee grinder is EPL certified, so you know it’s a safe and high-quality machine. It even comes with a 1-year warranty period to protect your investment.
- 15 grind settings
- Quick operation
- Easy to clean
- EPL certified
- Fine powder tends to stick behind
Choosing the best coffee grinder for automatic drip coffee makers can be a tricky task. This is why we included only the top-performing options on our list to make sure you end up with a great deal no matter what. That being said, we recommend the Breville BCG820 The Smart Pro Coffee Grinder as today’s winner thanks to its premium-quality construction, versatile grind settings, intuitive display, and precise results.