Making a coffee for a crowd isn’t particularly a pleasant task. You have to wait for the maker to finish, and you’ll likely have to go for one or two more rounds to get all the cups you need.
Well, fret no more. Whether you’re making coffee for a crowd of ten or a hundred, you’ll find your match here.
We’ll help you find the best coffee maker for a crowd by reviewing the top options on the market.
If you’re in a hurry, here are our top picks at a glance:
- One hand dispensing: commercial coffee Urn with cup trip handle lets you fill cups fast with just one hand
- Polished stainless steel exterior: for long lasting Coffee Urn performance
- Keep Warm heater: The keep warm heater on the Coffee Urn maintains optimal temperature for better tasting Coffee
- Water/coffee window: This stainless steel Coffee Urn has a water/coffee window, which makes filling easy and shows you at a glance when coffee level is low
- Power on & ready lights: power on & ready lights let you know when coffee Urn is on and when coffee is ready
You can’t help but be proud of having a coffee maker like the Hamilton in your kitchen. Aside from its sleek design and convenient round dimensions, it can make up to 60 cups of coffee, which is quite impressive considering the affordable price. You can get a single coffee maker for double this price.
The Hamilton has a small transparent window that shows you the water level in the reservoir. That way, you know when the machine needs refilling. Additionally, it’s pretty easy to clean despite its roomy container because the coffee doesn’t stick onto the material.
The urn features grip handles that make transporting it a breeze. They’re also made of plastic to avoid burning your hands. On top of that, the interiors are made of rust-resistant, toxin-free stainless steel. You can make tons of coffee in that thing, and it won’t show the least signs of wear and tear.
The dispenser handle comes with two options. You can either press on it to fill any cup of any size or pop it up and leave it to fill a large container.
The only major downside to this coffee urn is the time it takes to work. However, you’d expect that with the 60-cup capacity, so I’m not really complaining.
- Two options for the dispenser handle
- Grip handles included for convenience
- The material is durable and easy to clean
- Highly affordable
- The machine takes a lot of time to make coffee
- Large capacity coffee urn brews up to 100 cups at one cup per minute speed
- Features a coffee-level gauge and interior water level markings
- An indicator light informs you that the brewing cycle is done and coffee is ready
- Automatic temperature control keeps coffee hot for hours
- Two-way dripless faucet for single-cup or continuous filling
The West Bend coffee urn can make up to 100 cups, which makes it an ideal option for large crowds and gatherings. There are also 30 and 42 cup models available if you need them for a family trip.
The urn features a classic design with a top handle and two side handles for an easy grip without burning your hands. There’s also a tall indicator at the front for the water level, so you know when you need to refill. Plus, there’s the coffee gauge that lets you fill your cups with a mere press.
For your convenience, all the coffee maker’s parts are detachable and safe for dishwashers. That way, you don’t need to bother cleaning them yourself.
All that said, the coffee maker comes with its share of downsides. Its screws get loose sometimes, causing leaks. The light indicator also glitches on rare occasions and doesn’t turn on. The urn’s advantages make up for it, though.
- Excellent value for money
- Automatic temperature control included to keep the coffee hot for hours
- Cleaning tool included in the purchase
- It leaks on some occasions
- Perfect Coffee Every Time: This pump-free coffee maker heats water to the correct temperature for coffee extraction
- Easy to Use: The Moccamaster brews a full 40 oz pot of coffee in 4-6 minutes using one switch
- Quiet and Safe: The Moccamaster KBG quietly brews your coffee and automatically turns off after 100 minutes
- Quality Materials: Moccamasters last a lifetime. We use BPA/BPS/BPF and Phthalate free plastics and durable stainless steel and aluminum
- Delicious Coffee and Peace of Mind: Moccamaster coffee brewers have a 5-year warranty
If you’re opting for professional-level coffee, the Technivorm coffee maker is one of the best options you can consider. It costs a fortune, but you’ll get value back for every dollar you pay. However, it’s worth noting that it only makes up to ten cups, so it’s suitable for small gatherings and large families, but not more than that.
The unit is masterfully designed to include a separate water reservoir, a glass carafe, and a drip-stop brew basket.
The brew basket stops the coffee flow once you pull the carafe away, preventing leaks and messes. Additionally, the machine can brew up to 40 ounces in a mere six minutes, making it one of the fastest coffee makers on the market.
The machine comes with a hot plate that keeps rolling heat onto the carafe to keep your coffee hot and to make sure the taste stays consistent until the last drop. It also offers two temperature options: 175° and 185°.
The coffee maker turns off automatically when there’s no water left in the reservoir to prevent overheating. Plus, it’s transparent so that you know periodically when you need to refill it.
- Very fast
- Automatic shut-off when the water reservoir is empty
- Highly durable construction
- On the expensive side of the market
- One-hand dispensing. Coffee filter basket lifts out for easy dishwasher cleanup - no paper filter needed
- Easy to fill and clean
- Dual heater system maintains coffee's temperature without overcooking it for a fresher flavor
- Ready light
- Comfort-grip handles
Hamilton is known for its basic designs with no fuss or needless extra details. This coffee urn doesn’t offer much in terms of looks, but it scores in functionality, durability, and affordability. It’s ideal if you’re on a tight budget and want to make coffee for a crowd.
The Hamilton features an automatic dispenser that only needs one hand to fill a cup, allowing you to multitask while pouring the coffee. There’s also an insulated tank with a built-in dual heating system that keeps the coffee fresh for long hours. That’s why the large maker is ideal for long events that require hot coffee all day.
Despite its big size, the urn is pretty easy to clean, thanks to its smooth metal surface. It also has a top handle, and two side handles for a comfortable grip. In addition to that, There’s an indicator light on the front that tells you when your coffee is ready.
For its price, I’d say the Hamilton is quite the bargain.
- Light indicator included
- Easy to clean
- More affordable than most similar options on the market
- Some of the machine’s parts are made of plastic
The Final Verdict
My top pick for the best coffee maker for a crowd would be the Hamilton Beach Stainless Steel Coffee Maker. Aside from its large capacity of 60 cups, the coffee maker is conveniently designed to deliver high power with minimal fuss. Plus, it’s easy to clean, which is a huge bonus considering its large size.