Hard water isn’t coffee’s best friend because it contains minerals that add an undesirable taste to your coffee. This is why you need to buy the best coffee maker for hard water to overcome this problem.
If you live in an area where the only water available is hard water, buying every kitchen appliance that gets in contact with water becomes a little bit more challenging. This is why we reviewed some of the best coffee machines that you can use with hard water. We’ll also list some features that you need to think about before buying your next coffee maker.
If you’re in a rush, here are our top picks:
Reviews of the Best Coffee Maker for Hard Water
The following coffee makers guarantee that you will get the best flavor and taste from your coffee beans, regardless of the water quality. Check out our top picks.
- 【SINGLE CUP COFFEE BREWER-12OZ】CHULUX personal coffee maker compatible with 1.0 and 2.0 pod coffee capsules to meet variety needs.Also suitable for using ground coffee (reusable filter NOT included) to create your private cafe at leisure or busy moments.
- 【ONE KEY SWITCH OPERATION】800W heating element with rapid brewing technology by blue indicator light flash,also features auto shut-off preventing from overheating,keeping safe and help saving energy.One cup of hot brewed coffee will ready for you within 3mins. Also can use it as a water boiler to get hot water or tea.
- 【MINI COFFEE MACHINE】The compact size is perfect for business trip or limited countertop. The portable small coffee brewer easy to carry anywhere,friendly for office,kitchen,dormitory,hotel and RV. The voltage is 120V.
- 【MUG SIZES COMPATIBLE】The coffee flows out is almost same as the water amount you poured in,ensure every fresh coffee by maximize utilization.The single coffee brewer supports for travel mugs up to 5.3’’ tall by removing drip tray.
- 【FOOD-APPROVED MATERIAL + EASY TO CLEAN】BPA-FREE material for water tank and piercing needle. Detachable filter basket and drip tray can be removed and washed directly. A easy clean method by pressing button after adding in water and vinegar.
Thanks to its flexible design, you can either use coffee pods or your favorite coffee grounds to prepare a delicious cup of coffee. This affordable coffee maker will get your coffee ready in less than 3 minutes. It features a single on/off button, which is quite straightforward to use, so you won’t spend a lot of time trying to set it up. It also shuts off for maximum safety.
This is a compact machine that serves a single cup. You can remove the drip tray for cleaning, and extend the area to fit a larger coffee mug. The reservoir is easy to fill and mess-proof to keep your countertop clean. The detachable filter keeps the grounds away from your coffee and is easy to clean.
Using hard water with this coffee maker won’t be a problem because it features a single-button cleaning system. This handles scale buildup and guarantees that your coffee will always taste fresh.
The coffee maker is made of food-grade and BPA-free materials. However, you need to measure the amount of water you put inside because it doesn’t have a see-through window.
What We Like
- Compatible with coffee pods and grounds.
- Affordable and compact machine.
- Safety shut off feature.
- Self-cleaning button.
- Easy cleaning.
What We Don’t Like
- The reservoir isn’t see-through.
- Removable water reservoir and filter basket lift out for convenient filling and cleaning
- Water filtration helps remove upto 97% of chlorine for better tasting coffee
- Stainless steel thermal carafe keeps coffee hot
- Special cleaning cycle helps maintain performance and taste. Cord length - 30"
- Grab a cup auto pause stops cycle if you need a cup before brewing is finished. Watts:1300
Filling and cleaning this coffee maker is straightforward because the reservoir can be easily removed. You can delay brewing, so you can enjoy your favorite beverage whenever you like. The machine has a safety feature that turns it off after 2 hours.
Preparing up to 10 cups of coffee in one batch is possible. You can grab a coffee cup before the brewing cycle is over. The stainless-steel body will keep your coffee hot for a long period.
If you have to use hard water, this coffee maker will work for you because the built-in filter will remove 97% of the chlorine and all the residue that might affect the taste of your coffee. Moreover, the coffee maker has a potent cleaning feature to remove residue. It also maintains the status of the machine. However, this coffee maker is not suitable for tight counter spaces because it’s bigger than a regular coffee maker.
What We Like
- Reservoir is easy to fill and clean.
- Keeps the coffee hot for a long time.
- Safety feature to shut the machine off after 2 hours.
- Built-in filter and cleaning cycle.
- Designed to keep coffee hot for a long time.
What We Don’t Like
- Needs a large counter space.
- The perfect cup of coffee: Braun’s pure flavor technology ensures your coffee is made at the right temperature and brewing time to extract the best coffee flavor and aroma. Expect excellent results, whether you brew a full pot or choose the 1–4 cup setting
- Wake up to a fresh pot: A programmable 24-hour timer means your coffee will be ready when you are. The auto shutoff feature will turn it off automatically. And the easy-to-read clock is visible from anywhere in your kitchen
- Rich flavor anytime: The brew pause system lets you pour a cup anytime during the brew cycle without dripping. Plus, the 12 cup flavor carafe seals in the fresh flavor by minimizing air exposure
- Your coffee your way: A unique water level indicator lets you brew an 11-ounce mug or up to 12 cups of coffee
- Smarter by design: The sleek, elegant design features a smaller footprint, lower profile, easy-access control panel and convenient cord storage
This coffee maker offers much versatility, allowing you to prepare a single cup or a full pot. With the 24-programming feature, you will be able to prepare your coffee in advance. The coffee maker has a safety feature that shuts it off if it’s not used, and you can serve up to 12 cups.
You can enjoy a richer flavor by stopping the brewing cycle and enjoying your cup of coffee whenever you like. The carafe minimizes the exposure to air to preserve the coffee’s natural flavor.
Even if you don’t have much counter space, this coffee maker will work for you because it has a small footprint and a special compartment to store the cord. The control panel is easy to access, and there’s a gold-tone filter to filter the residue.
If you’re using hard water, this coffee maker will work for you because it has a charcoal filter to purify the water. Moreover, the cleaning feature can be adjusted depending on the hardness level of the water. However, the carafe lid feels a little flimsy, and the machine might not keep your coffee hot for as long as you need it.
What We Like
- Can prepare up to 12 cups of coffee.
- Carafe is designed to minimize the exposure to air to keep coffee fresh.
- Gold-tone filter.
- Charcoal filter to purify the water.
- Cleaning cycles can be adjusted to different hardness levels.
What We Don’t Like
- The lid feels flimsy.
- The coffee maker doesn’t keep coffee hot for a long time.
How to Choose the Best Coffee Maker for Hard Water
Hard water creates lime buildup that affects the taste of your coffee and can also damage your coffee machine in the long run. Here are a few features to think about before buying the best coffee maker.
A machine that comes with a self-cleaning feature is a must if you’re using hard water to prepare your coffee. Pressing a button will descale the coffee maker and remove the buildup that affects how long your coffee maker will last.
Filtering the water will maintain the taste of your coffee. Moreover, it prevents minerals from building up inside your machine. Having a built-in water filter will be a big plus if you use hard water.
These features matter even if you’re not using hard water. The ability to keep the coffee warm is a big plus. You can also pick a machine with a programming feature that allows you to prepare your coffee in advance.
If you have to use hard water, you need to buy a special coffee machine that overcomes this problem. We chose the CHULUX Single Serve Coffee Maker as our top choice because it’s an affordable coffee maker with a self-cleaning feature to remove buildup.
If you need to prepare a large amount of coffee, we recommend that you take a look at the Mr. Coffee BVMC-PSTX95 10-Cup Optimal Brew Thermal Coffee Maker. It has a water filter, a cleaning feature, and can keep coffee hot for a long time.