With all the Starbucks outlets in every street corner, do we actually need to have a coffee maker at home or at the office? Definitely yes!
Coffee is a beverage that’s best enjoyed at odd hours. At dawn, right after you get back home, while burning the midnight oil, and pretty much any other time. It’s not that convenient or practical to rush off to a coffee vendor each time you get a craving.
It’s also at these times that we can’t afford to roast and grind for a brew. Hence the beauty of multi-flavored k-pods.
Would you like to know what’s the best coffee maker that uses pods? Read-on!
If you’re in a rush, here are our top pics:
The Top 5 Pod Coffee Makers Reviewed
Here’s a round up of my favorite coffee makers. This all-star list has basic budget-friendly models, all the way to fancy shmancy space-age devices.
- Note: 1)Too coarse a grind, too little coffee, or insufficiently tamping the grounds before brewing can all lead to inadequate pressure for a proper brew. 2)It is important to note that the amount of espresso extracted will vary depending on the grind size and amount and reprogramming may be needed when the size and amount are adjusted
- ENJOY MULTIPLE BEVERAGE SIZES: Our hot water button allows you to create your ideal size of coffee, hot cocoa, tea, or soup with cup-size settings ranging from 4-12 ounces – this machine includes HomeBarista Reusable Filter Cup for either ground coffee or tea
- FULLY PROGRAMMABLE BACKLIT LCD DISPLAY SETTINGS: Designed with superior functionality in mind boasting features such as an auto on/off switch, adjustable temperature control settings, and auto-rinse to instantly clean inside your brew chamber
- SIMPLIFY YOUR MORNING: Removable 72-ounce water reservoir and removable drip tray for travel mug compatibility
- DURABLE FILTERS: Reusable coffee filter included and built-in charcoal water filter
The Cuisinart is a state-of-the-art coffee maker that’s highly versatile, user-friendly, and aesthetically exceptional. On top of that, it comes at a moderate price.
It’ll give you one cup per serving, but that cup can have any flavor you could think of. It accepts K-pods from most brands, so you have the widest selection of tastes. And if that’s not enough, there’s a reusable filter cup, that you can fill up with your favorite mix.
- Brews in under a minute
- No warm-up time needed
- Large water reservoir with a capacity of 72 oz
- Various cup-size options
- Compatible with all single-cup pod brands
- Reusable filter cup
- Programmable clock
- Hot water dispenser and rinse options
- Removable excess drip tray
- Charcoal water filter
- Back-lit LCD showing relevant brewing data
- Comes with an instructions book
- It’s a bit loud while brewing
- 【SINGLE CUP COFFEE BREWER-12OZ】CHULUX personal coffee maker fits 1.0 and 2.0 pod coffee capsules to meet your various favour.You also can use ground coffee (refillable filter NOT included),then create your private cafe at busy or leisure time.
- 【ONE BUTTON ON/OFF OPERATION】800W heating element with fast brewing system.Our brewer with blue indicator light,also features auto shut-off preventing from overheating and keeping safe.One cup of hot brewed coffee will ready for you just within 3mins.Also can use it as a water boiler to get hot water.
- 【LIGHTWEIGHT + TRAVEL SIZE】The compact design takes up less space and make this mini brewer easy to carry anywhere,especially for business trip or limited countertop.It perfect for living room,office,apartment,meeting room and travel car.Only be used for 120V voltage.
- 【BUILT-IN RESERVOIR + DETACHABLE DRIP TRAY】The water amount you pour equal to coffee amount that flows out,ensure every fresh cup.Without any mess.The single brewer supports for standard size,or by removing drip tray for large size mug (up to 5.3" height).
- 【FOOD-APPROVED MATERIAL + EASY TO CLEAN】BPA-free material for water tank and piercing needle.Detachable filter basket and drip tray can be washed directly.Drip tray keep brew space neat and clean.For cleaning,just add water and vinegar and press button.
The Chulux is a hugely popular single-serve coffee maker. It’s compact, easy to operate, a breeze to clean up, and it works well with a vast majority of pods. It can also brew coffee from a reusable filter, but you’d need to buy it separately.
This coffee maker is a great choice for office settings, travelers who like a good cuppa, and definitely college students who live on caffeine. Its highly affordable price is certainly among its many attractions.
- Easy operation with a single button
- Rapid brewing in less than 2 min
- Auto shut-off right after brewing
- Works with most types of pods
- Can work with refillable pods
- Compact and portable
- Supports large mugs up to 5.3 inches high
- Removable drip tray
- Easy to clean
- Comes in 7 cheery colors
- The reusable filter is not included
- The water reservoir is rather small, needs refilling with every cup
- Two ways to brew: Brew a full pot using your favorite grounds on the thermal carafe side or make a cup for yourself using a Keurig K-Cup Pod or grounds on the single-serve side with this 2-in-1 coffee maker
- 12-cup carafe side with permanent filter: Features programmable timer, auto pause and serve and 2-hour auto shutoff.
- Single-serve-brew with k-cup pods or without: Pod holder and single-serve grounds basket are included. Features cup rest that adjusts to fit tall mugs and doubles as storage. Pod-piercing needle removes for easy cleaning to prevent clogging
- Separate water reservoirs: Each brewer has its own water reservoir that’s easy to fill and features a water window so you always know which brewer has how much water
- Brewing flexibility: The Hamilton Beach flex brew 2-way coffee maker has the option to please fans of all types of coffees and quantities, making it the perfect gift for a home with multiple coffee drinkers
The Hamilton beach device is a great choice if you have a bunch of people over one day, then the next you are completely on your own. Its multitude of brewing options is also quite impressive, including a selection between bold and regular.
This coffee maker is programmable to prepare a fine cup of coffee, that’s customizable to the last detail. This includes the exact time when it’s served. You could wake up to the fresh aroma of your favorite cuppa.
- Full pot or single cup options
- Carafe holds up to 12 cups
- Separate reservoir and filter for carafe
- Easy fill and view water reservoirs
- Can hold a large 8-inch travel mug
- Optional brew strength
- Fully programmable
- Easy to clean
- Moderately priced
- Works with a limited amount of k-pod brands
- It takes plenty of counter space
- Weights almost 10 pounds
- Large 80 ounce water reservoir: Allows you to brew 10 plus cups more before having to refill, saving you time and simplifying your morning routine; The water reservoir is removable, making it easy to refill whenever you need to, and on the k575, you can choose from several different nightlight colors to illuminate your kitchen at night
- Multiple k cup pod brew sizes: (4, 6, 8, 10, 12 ounce); brews a carafe (22, 26, or 30 ounce) using k carafe pods, to give you more coffee when you need it. (carafe sold separately)
- Strength control: A strength control setting allows you to brew a bolder cup using any k cup pod brew size; Plus, five temperature settings allow you to enjoy your favorite beverage at your desired temperature; Hot water on demand: Press the hot water on demand button and select your desired brew size in order to dispense hot water
- Extra large color touch screen: A digital clock makes it easy to brew a fresh, great tasting cup in under a minute; Plus, program your brewer to turn on or off automatically at set times, so that it is ready to go when you want it, and turns off to conserve energy
This is a top-of-the-line coffee maker that offers a taste of luxury along with the hot brew. The Keurig name is well heard in the world of brewing, and they make a multitude of models that cater to every need. Here, we chose to go with the coffee maker that gives the very best flavors.
- Large 80-oz reservoir
- Wide variety of brew cup sizes
- Compatible with k-cup reusable filter
- Works well with most k-pod brands
- Can work with a carafe up to 30 oz
- Strength of the brew fully controlled
- Adjustable temperature
- Large LCD with night light
- Programmable operation
- The body is made from plastic
- Outrageously expensive
- VERSATILE AUTOMATIC COFFEE MAKER: VertuoPlus Deluxe makes both coffee and espresso in a variety of sizes: 5oz and 8 oz coffees, and single and double espresso. Pour over ice to create your favorite iced Coffee drinks
- SMART COFFEE MAKER: Brew the perfect single serve Coffee or Espresso drink time after time, thanks to Nespresso's Centrifusion technology using barcodes to deliver the best in cup results including the perfect crema for large Coffee cup sizes
- SINGLE SERVE COFFEE MACHINE: Have the ability to create barista grade brewed single serve Coffee or Espresso cups at the touch of a single button; Designed for use with Nespresso Vertuo capsules only
- FEATURES: Extra-large 60 ounce water tank and a 17 count used capsule container; This machine also has a fast heat up time of only 15 seconds; There is an energy saving automatic shutoff at 9 minutes of inactivity
- Includes a complimentary starter set of Nespresso Vertuo capsules (capsule assortment may vary from picture)
I admit that I have a weak spot when it comes to good looking devices. Actually, I can hardly imagine that the Breville coffee maker wouldn’t catch your eye in any line-up. It does have more than its good looks though.
This coffee maker is among few devices only that offer the option of milk-frother. There’s a whole other range of beverages that you can get from this one. Besides that, it’s as easy to work with as they get. A morning cuppa can be really fun to make.
- Simple one-touch operation
- Employs new tech in brewing
- Capable of automatic capsule recognition
- Includes milk frother
- Elegant aesthetics
- Compact design
- Removable 60-oz water reservoir
- Offers 5 different cup sizes
- A bit pricey
- Works with specific capsules
How To Choose the Right Coffee Maker That Uses Pods?
The main factors to consider as you browse through the multitude of coffee makers, are your usage and your budget. This should narrow down your search from a few hundreds, to tens of models.
If you live alone, and only need a simple cuppa in the morning, go for the basics. However, if you have an occasional party of friends, and the budget allows it, why not splurge on a fancy coffee maker?
You’re still a bit far from making a decision, but there’s a neat filtration method you can employ to streamline the selection process. The next step, is to consider the merits of each coffee maker based on the following features:
This is simply how many flavors you can get from your machine. Moreover, it’s about how much of the work can be automated.
Some coffee makers mimic the barista variety of tastes and consistencies. While others are pretty basic.
Some coffee makers are quite tolerant of pod varieties, while others only work with specific capsules.
Furthermore, there’s a nice option we see from time to time, which is the open-pod. It’s a universal reusable pod that accepts any type of coffee, and proceeds with brewing it like any other pod.
Size and Weight
Coffee makers go from slim to bulky. If you want an elegant appliance for your office, then pick a compact one that doesn’t take up too much of your kitchenette’s limited space.
Naturally, it’s a different story if you intend to leave the coffee maker on a spacious counter. Then, the all-inclusive models with plenty of brewing options could be a nicer choice.
The capacity of the water reservoir implies how many times you could use the coffee maker, before needing to refill. It’s a matter of convenience, and it shows quite clearly early in the morning.
Pressing a button is much easier than removing the reservoir, rushing to the tap, filling it up, then reinstalling it, and finally preparing the coffee.
An effective internal filtration system gives the coffee a pure taste. In addition, it keeps the internal parts of the coffee maker free from mineral deposits.
It’s hard to make a single selection for the top spot. However, the Hamilton Beach FlexBrew Coffee Maker is a noteworthy device. It’s highly versatile, adjustable for making the perfect cup, and fully programmable.
A more economic alternative is easily the CHULUX Single Serve Coffee Maker. It’s also compact, easy to work with, and compatible with almost every k-pod brand.
Changed your mind about pods? We also have recommendations on the best coffee makers that use pods.