Are you craving your favorite Vanilla Latte, but you’re too lazy to visit Starbucks? Or maybe a cup of Chocolate Mocha will lift your mood and give you a push to complete your daily tasks.
In all cases, you can now make Starbucks drinks at home, thanks to the innovative technologies coming out every day for coffee makers.
The cup won’t have your name on it, but that doesn’t mean it won’t taste equally delicious!
Here, I’ll guide you to the best coffee maker to make Starbucks drinks. But don’t let the Starbucks barista you frequently visit hear about it!
At a Glance
- This unit work with nespresso capsules only
Delonghi and Nespresso both established themselves as two of the most renowned coffee machine makers long ago. When the two leaders of the industry collaborate, you expect nothing less than the Nespresso Lattissima.
The Lattissima features a minimalistic design with a round dispenser and three control buttons on top. The frother attaches to the front of the machine, matching the colors seamlessly.
Moving on to functionality, the Latissima operates on Delonghi’s single-serve system. You push the pods from above, work the frother, and enjoy a creamy, Starbucks-grade cup of coffee.
The frother works on the spot, pouring the milk directly into your cup for a fresh taste. And, it’s pretty easy to clean, being safe for dishwashers.
- Easy to use and clean
- Elegant, minimalist design
- Highly durable materials
- On the expensive side of the market
Keurig K-Cafe Single-Serve K-Cup Coffee Maker – Best Value
- COFFEE, LATTES & CAPPUCCINOS: Use any K-Cup pod to brew coffee, or make delicious lattes and cappuccinos.
- SIMPLE BUTTON CONTROLS: Just insert any K-Cup pod and use the button controls to brew delicious coffee, or make hot or iced lattes and cappuccinos.
- LARGE 60oz WATER RESERVOIR: Allows you to brew 6 cups before having to refill, saving you time and simplifying your morning routine. Removable reservoir makes refilling easy.
- SMART START: Your coffee maker heats, then brews in one simple process. No need to wait for it to heat before selecting your cup size.
- ENERGY EFFICIENT: Programmable auto off feature automatically turns your brewer off 2 hours after the last brew for energy savings.
If you want to get an all-in-all coffee maker without paying a fortune, the Keurig would be ideal to consider. It’s capable of making lattes and cappuccinos in a matter of minutes, thanks to the pod technology.
All you have to do is insert the pod of your choice and adjust the controls to your preferred brew. The machine will do the rest for you; it’s also equipped with a smart start system that heats and brews the coffee in one process. You don’t need to wait for the maker to heat as you do with other machines.
The Keurig has a large water reservoir, holding up to six cups at once. Additionally, the reservoir is removable for hassle-free refilling. If you tend to forget that your maker is on, you’ll love the automatic shut-off function in this machine. It turns down after two hours of sitting idle, so it doesn’t use up a lot of energy.
There’s a milk frother included, which allows you to make a variety of Starbucks drinks inside the comfort of your home.
- Large water reservoir
- Cold and hot settings available
- The milk frother is safe for dishwashers
- Some customers complained about the efficiency of the milk frother.
GrowlerWerks uKeg Nitro Cold Brew Coffee Maker – Best for Cold Brew
- MAKE NITRO AT HOME – the uKeg Nitro brews and infuses to make delicious nitro cold brew Coffee, at the convenience of home.
- SAVE MONEY – make nitro cold brew for a fraction of the retail cost.
- NITRO GAS CHARGERS NOT INCLUDED – uses 16g nitro chargers sold separately.
- STAYS COLD – double-wall vacuum insulation keeps brew cold All day. Stainless steel vessel is durable and portable.
- STAYS FRESH – the regulator cap automatically maintains pressure to keep nitro fresh for weeks. Perfect for making, storing or pouring cold brew.
If you prefer your coffee cold brewed, the GrowlerWerks is the one for you. Everything about this maker is extraordinary, starting from its unconventional design and ending at its high efficiency.
Despite its compact size, the maker has a 50-ounce capacity, which is enough for about 12 cups. It’s an ideal coffee maker for big families.
Moreover, the maker is fully equipped with Nitro pressure technology that keeps your coffee creamy without any additives. You can leave it in the reservoir for a few days, and it’ll still taste as creamy as a Starbucks Latte.
The GrowlerWerks features a double filtration system to prevent clogging up your machine. This way, your coffee is delicious till the last drop.
- Durable stainless steel build
- All-in-one insulating system
- The nitro technology results in a creamy, foamy, delicious taste
- A bit costly for some users
Breville BES870XL Barista Express Espresso Machine – Best Luxurious
- The Breville Barista Express delivers third wave specialty coffee at home using the 4 keys formula and is part of the Barista Series that offers all in one espresso machines with integrated grinder to go from beans to espresso in under one minute
- Dose Control Grinding: Integrated precision conical burr grinder grinds on demand to deliver the right amount of freshly ground coffee directly into the portafilter for your preferred taste with any roast of bean
- Optimal Water Pressure: Low pressure pre-infusion gradually increases pressure at the start and helps ensure all the flavors are drawn out evenly during the extraction for a balanced tasting cup. Grind Settings: 16 precision grind settings
- Precise Espresso Extraction: Digital temperature control (PID) delivers water at precisely the right temperature, ensuring optimal espresso extraction
- Manual Microfoam Milk Texturing: The powerful steam wand performance allows you to hand texture microfoam milk that enhances flavor and enables creation of latte art
If you’ve always dreamt of being a Starbucks barista, but the situation wasn’t in your favor, the Breville will give you the full experience.
The all-in-all beast does everything in the coffee-making process, starting from grinding the beans and up to pouring the creamy beverage into your cup. It lets you choose between manual and automatic operation according to your preference, and its digital temperature control results in optimal extraction for a great espresso taste.
The Breville’s frother wand produces micro-foam milk with a divine texture, accounting for an exceptional taste for cappuccinos, lattes, and similar beverages. On top of that, there’s a control dial for the grind size, so you get to customize every detail of your coffee cup.
- Fully customizable options for your coffee
- Frother and grinder included with full control over the grind size
- Micro-foam milk texture
- A bit bulky for house kitchens
SOWTECH Steam Espresso Machine With Milk Frother – Best Budget Option
If you’re on a tight budget, look no further. The Sowtech machine will give you coffee tasting as great as Starbucks and at a highly affordable price.
Despite its low price, the machine is capable of making espressos, cappuccinos, and lattes, thanks to the included milk frother. Its size is compact enough to fit on any kitchen counter, and the design is sleek and trendy.
The Sowtech is best known for its fast coffee extraction; you can have your espresso cup ready in under five minutes. Besides, it’s pretty easy to use with a single-button operation. It can make up to four cups of espresso, making it an ideal choice for small families.
The machine maintains its temperature for a couple of hours, so your coffee doesn’t get bitter if you leave it in the reservoir.
- Great value for money
- It makes a lot of coffee variations
- Compact design to fit in any kitchen
- Short life expectancy
The Final Verdict
My top pick out of the best coffee makers for Starbucks coffee is undoubtedly the Nespresso Lattissima. You can’t help but fall in love with its elegant, minimalistic design with its beige and off-white colors.
Plus, its functionality is hard to match with its single-button operation. It’s easy to use, easy to clean, and it makes some great-tasting coffee. What’s there not to love?