Nothing compares to freshly ground coffee that you have prepared from your favorite roasted coffee beans. And finding the best conical burr coffee grinder for French press is a life-changing experience because you will enjoy the fantastic aroma and taste.
In this article, we’ll suggest some of the best conical burr coffee grinders on the market. We’ll also highlight a few features that you need to consider before buying your next coffee grinder.
At a glance
How to Choose the Best Conical Burr Coffee Grinder for French Press
Finding the best grinder can be a little tricky. Here are a few features that you can think about to enjoy a better cup of coffee that is full of flavor and aroma.
If you live in a busy household or drink more than one coffee cup per day, you need to look for a grinder that is designed to accommodate more coffee grounds. If you choose a grinder with a bigger compartment, you need to make sure that it is sealed so it retains the taste and aroma of your coffee.
Even consistency is a must for brewing your coffee in the French press. You need to make sure that the grinder has a powerful motor and reliable blades to give you coarse and even grounds.
Stainless steel burrs are quite durable, but if the grinder is too fast, they can conduct heat. Ceramic burrs are also long-lasting.
A grinder with multiple settings gives you several options to choose from. For example, you can choose between fine and coarse grounds to brew your coffee however you like. There are also grinders that allow you to choose between different amounts to help you grind only the amount you need for a better flavor.
Reviews of the Best Conical Burr Coffee Grinders for French Press
For the French press, you need coarse and even coffee grounds, so pre-ground coffee might not deliver the desired flavor or aroma. While you’re grinding coffee beans at home, conical burr coffee grinders represent a better option than blade and even flat burr grinders.
They’re quieter and more forgiving than blade grinders, allowing you to reach the right consistency for the perfect cup of coffee. They’re also less expensive than flat burr grinders, so they work for home and office use. We searched the market to find the best options, so check out our top picks.
Grind your coffee with a simple button push, and the electric burrs guarantees ease of use and more even results. The machine shuts off completely when the grinding process is complete. The high-quality stainless steel burrs ensure the richness of flavor and aroma because the oils won’t oxidize.
This grinder is compact with a small footprint, so you can move it around and store it easily. The lower RPM reduces the noise while you’re grinding and the heat that might alter the taste of your ground coffee.
With this grinder, you can choose between 19 grind settings for different brewing needs. The ground coffee is ultra uniform to allow for better and tastier extraction.
Moreover, you can adjust the amount of ground coffee between 1 and 12 cups to guarantee that your coffee will always stay fresh. The resealable dust-proof lid keeps coffee fresh for a longer period. This grinder features a safety lock for more convenience, and the removable upper conical burr is easily cleaned using the brush that comes with the grinder. Getting all the grounds, especially the fine ones, can be a little tricky.
What We Like
- Easy to use grinder with automatic shutoff.
- Adjustable ground size and amount.
- Compact design.
- Reduced noise and heat for better grinding.
- Keeps ground coffee fresh longer.
What We Don’t Like
- Fine coffee grounds get stuck.
- Durable 40 millimeter stainless steel conical burrs create uniform grounds for optimal flavor extraction
- 15 settings (plus Micro settings) let you adjust your grind to suit your taste
- One touch start timer keeps your last setting, just push to grind
- Hopper holds up to 0.75 pounds of Coffee beans. Product Dimension - 12x7.4x16 inch
- Grounds container accommodates up to 110 grams (enough for 12 cups). Never use water or other liquids to clean the inside of the grinder/burrs
With powerful stainless steel conical burrs, this grinder creates uniform grounds for the best flavor extraction. It allows you to choose between 15 different settings to enjoy your favorite coffee.
You don’t have to worry much about starting this grinder because you simply push one button to start grinding your coffee. It’s an excellent choice for busy households because the hopper holds up to 0.75 pounds of coffee beans, and the grounds container holds up enough ground coffee to brew 12 cups.
If you’re in a hurry, this grinder will work for you because it works really fast. It’s also quieter than other models. However, you need to keep on feeding the beans down into the grinder as they might get stuck.
What We Like
- Powerful stainless steel burrs.
- 15 settings.
- Big hopper.
- Grounds container holds enough coffee for 12 cups.
- Fast and quiet operation.
What We Don’t Like
- You occasionally need to help push the beans into the grinder.
- SPECIALTY COFFEE ASSOCIATION AWARD WINNING GRINDERS - Baratza grinders are preferred by coffee professionals and backed by Baratza’s world class support.
- GO-TO ENTRY LEVEL GRINDER - Baratza’s best-selling grinder, with its small footprint, is THE choice for brewing coffee at home. Available in White or Black.
- USER FRIENDLY - A convenient, front-mounted pulse button, plus a simple ON/OFF switch make it easy to grind fresh coffee.
- 40 GRIND SETTINGS - Engineered with 40mm commercial-grade conical burrs that help you explore the extensive range of brew methods (espresso, Aeropress, Hario V60, Chemex, French Press, and automatic brewers).
- WARRANTY/QUALITY PARTS - Hardened alloy steel burrs manufactured in Liechtenstein, Europe, plus a powerful DC motor. This combination creates a consistent grind and durability to ensure the longevity users have come to expect from the Baratza brand. The Encore is backed by Baratza’s world class support and a 1 year warranty. 2020 Update has exact same trusted functionality with a sleek new exterior.
For first-time users, this well-made conical burr coffee grinder is an excellent option. It has a small footprint and features a convenient front-mounted pulse button. Just a simple button switch will make it easy to use. The steel burrs guarantee a long life.
There are 40 grind settings that allow you to reach the right consistency for French Press, automatic brewers, or any other brewing method or mechanism. Thanks to its construction, this machine delivers consistent and reliable results every single time.
You will spend more time cleaning this machine, or it might clog easily. However, it’s an excellent choice for regular coffee drinkers.
What We Like
- Well-made grinder.
- Easy to use.
- 40 grind settings.
- Small footprint.
What We Don’t Like
- Requires regular cleaning to prevent clogging.
The 3 conical burr coffee grinders on our list are well-made and reliable. However, we chose the Sboly Conical Burr Coffee Grinder as our top choice because it’s easy to use and has an automatic shutoff for maximum safety. You also have the chance to pick between different grinding settings and amounts to suit all your brewing needs.