Ever since being discovered during Sultan the Magnificent’s reign, Turkish coffee has been a staple in cafes worldwide. With its rich aroma and integration into the Turkish culture, it’s no wonder many coffee lovers list it as their favorite.
If you want to grind coffee on the spot to avoid the stale taste of pre-ground beans, my guide will help you choose the best electric grinder for Turkish coffee.
Manual grinders have their glamour, but they’re too slow, and they require a lot of effort to ground minimal amounts of beans. They’d work better as decorative items; electric grinders are the real deal!
At a glance
The Best Electric Grinders for Turkish Coffee
Electric grinders are available in a wide variety of shapes and designs. To choose the best one for your Turkish coffee, you need to see a couple of options reviewed and compare them to reach a conclusion.
Here’s a roundup of the best three electric grinders on the market.
- PRECISION GRINDING: Commercial-grade, solid steel conical burrs with advanced cutting design
- WIDE GRINDING RANGE: From ultrafine Turkish to French Press coarse and everything in between
- PRESERVES AROMA: Gear reduction motor grinds slow with reduced noise and little static build-up
- LARGE CAPACITY: 8.8 ounce bean container and 4 ounce ground coffee container
- EASY TO CLEAN: Removable upper burr allows access for easy cleaning
When it comes to grinding customization options, the Capresso Infinity coffee grinder is hard to match. It comes with four major settings, each with its four sub-settings to reach a total of 16 settings. The four main ones are as follows: coarse, medium, fine, and extra fine.
This way, you’ll be able to find your best match, regardless of how you prefer your Turkish coffee.
Moreover, the Capresso sports 40mm conical burrs, made of durable steel to stay intact for the longest time possible. The burrs are a bit slow when it comes to grinding, reaching a maximum speed of 450 RPMs. However, that only improves the taste because the heat stays at a maintained level, so your coffee taste isn’t altered.
The upper burr is removable for hassle-free cleaning. The machine is also easy to use overall, allowing you to adjust your grind with the dial knob on the front.
For the price it comes with, I’d say the Capresso is quite the bargain.
- High-quality steel burrs
- The detachable parts are easy to clean
- Heavy-duty zinc die-cast housing for durability
- The ground coffee compartment is a bit too small
- Ariete: the World-famous coffee machine brand, Well known for the design of its products, Certified by the Red Dot In 2007 and Quiet Mark 2012 for the innovation of their products – we always turning "the everyday" into something special. with years of experience, provides you the best on the market coffee grinder for your coffee refreshment.
- ULTRA FINE GRIND: Heavy duty conical burr disc allows for ultra-fine grind and is suitable for Turkish coffee, the unit have quite operation the bean hopper can hold up to 13.33 oz/378 gr of coffee beans the ground coffee container can hold up to 6.5 oz/194 gr of ground coffee Sleek designed, will complement any decor and save lots of counter space, Dimensions 14” high. 9” deep. 5” wide
- REMOVABLE BEAN HOPPER: Automatic locking bean hopper can be removed with beans inside without spilling useful to storage the beans dark and cool location for the freshness of the beans Grinding head assembly can be easily to clean thoroughly. This professional grade burr grinder is very easy to operate.
- CUSTOMIZE YOUR GRIND, with the 15 GRIND SETTINGS you can customize the grind for your percolator, urn, or French Press (coarse), drip coffee (medium), or espresso machine (fine), with the simple push of a button.
- ADJUSTABLE CUP SIZE: After you choose your coffee grind size use the User Manual guide (pg 4) to set the time dial according to the grind size and coffee cups you want, you will find a useful table sheet with clear information to help you choose the right timing, the unit is ETL certified so you can be confident that you’re receiving safe, efficient, high quality appliances.
When Delonghi collaborates with Ariete, you’d expect nothing less than this high-end, reliable coffee grinder. It’s one of the most affordable electric grinders on the market, but it doesn’t disappoint, neither in features nor in looks.
For starters, the grinder has 15 grind settings, ranging from coarse to ultra-fine. The bean hopper has a capacity of approximately 13 ounces, which is quite decent for a small family. On top of that, the ground coffee compartment can carry up to 6.5 ounces, which translates to more than 30 cups.
The Ariete has compact dimensions, so it fits on any counter with ease. Its bean hopper is removable for easy cleaning, and it has an automatic lock to prevent spilling and creating a mess.
- Highly versatile for plenty of coffee types
- Excellent value for an affordable price
- Large coffee ground capacity
- Users reported that the burrs jam frequently
- SPECIALTY COFFEE ASSOCIATION AWARD WINNING GRINDERS - Baratza grinders are preferred by coffee professionals and backed by Baratza’s world class support.
- GO-TO ENTRY LEVEL GRINDER - Baratza’s best-selling grinder, with its small footprint, is THE choice for brewing coffee at home. Available in White or Black.
- USER FRIENDLY - A convenient, front-mounted pulse button, plus a simple ON/OFF switch make it easy to grind fresh coffee.
- 40 GRIND SETTINGS - Engineered with 40mm commercial-grade conical burrs that help you explore the extensive range of brew methods (espresso, Aeropress, Hario V60, Chemex, French Press, and automatic brewers).
- WARRANTY/QUALITY PARTS - Hardened alloy steel burrs manufactured in Liechtenstein, Europe, plus a powerful DC motor. This combination creates a consistent grind and durability to ensure the longevity users have come to expect from the Baratza brand. The Encore is backed by Baratza’s world class support and a 1 year warranty. 2020 Update has exact same trusted functionality with a sleek new exterior.
If you’re aiming at high versatility, the Baratza Encore may be the electric grinder you’re looking for. With its 40 grinding settings, it excels over its two counterparts, and it offers endless customization options. You’ll be able to make a lot of coffee brews using it, including espresso, Turkish coffee, and French coffee.
The Baratza is a minimalistic machine, lacking in terms of looks but providing the basic features you need. Its user-friendly design doesn’t require skills or practice. You’ll turn it on using the knob on the side, adjust the grounds using the pulse button on the front, and pull out the hopper to get your freshly ground coffee.
The machine runs at a maximum speed of 550 RPMs, making it a bit quicker than the Capresso. However, it comes with similar 40mm conical burrs, highly durable and sharp.
- Excellent value for money
- 40 grinding settings—more than most machines on the market
- User-friendly and easy to use
- Users complained that it clogs easily
Factors to Consider When Buying a Grinder for Turkish Coffee
For your cup of Turkish coffee to be good, your beans need to finely ground with rich aromas and medium grinding heat. It’s not easy to achieve that with any grinder; hence, the need to make sure your grinder of choice works for Turkish coffee.
Here’s a roundup of the factors you should give a thought to before buying your grinder.
Do you have a large family that needs freshly ground coffee every day? Or are you a single user in need of a couple of ounces per week?
You’ll want to give the matter a thought or two before buying your grinder. Some grinders are too large that they take up most of your kitchen counter. If you have a coffee machine, too, the counter won’t have enough space for other appliances.
Manual or Electric?
I only reviewed electric grinders here because manual grinders are far from being convenient. They do look attractive, but that may be their only advantage. Other than that, you’ll have to put in a lot of work, and you’ll only be able to make small batches. Not to mention, they’re a bit too loud, so I doubt your family will appreciate the loud sound in the morning.
Manual grinders may be a good option for single users, but they’re not family-oriented.
Electric grinders, on the other hand, are more powerful, and they work automatically. It’s hard to find an electric grinder that works for Turkish coffee, but my list should solve that problem for you.
The Final Verdict
My favorite electric grinder for Turkish coffee would be the Capresso Infinity. Its 16 settings are enough to make Turkish coffee and many more variations. Plus, its steel burrs are highly durable and rust-resistant. They’ll take a lot of abuse before showing the least signs of wear and tear.
Paired with the low speed of 450 RPMs, you can guarantee you’re getting an excellent flavor.