Espressos are great but they can get a bit boring with time. Mixing things up by adding some steamed milk unlocks endless possibilities and expands your range of drinks!
If you want to enjoy lattes and cappuccinos without having to steam your milk manually, you need to find the best espresso machine and milk steamer combo, and that’s where we hop in for the help!
Today, we’ll review 5 of the best espresso machines with built-in milk frothing wands available out there. Let’s hop in!
At a glance
Top 5 Espresso Machines with Milk Steamer on the Market
- 19 Bar Italian pump delivers ideal pressure to extract robust coffee flavors
- Easy 1 button interface takes the guesswork out of controlling the espresso maker
- Select single or double shots of espresso with a simple 1 button press
- Thermocouple heating system evenly heats the water for piping hot drinks
- Automatic milk frother whips any milk into a light, creamy froth
Let’s start with a brilliant solution for those who are looking for a machine that automatically brews the espresso and mixes them up with milk.
The One-Touch CoffeeHouse from Mr. Coffee is equipped with a 15 bar pump that brews rich and full espresso shots, then automatically froths and adds the milk, all with a single click.
We like that the machine removes the hassle and has a very simple layout that lets you choose the type of coffee drink you want as well as the number of cups you want to make. The only drawback of this machine is that it has a small milk reservoir.
- Automatically brews coffee and add milk after steaming
- Available in different colors
- Easy to clean with a cleaning cycle button
- Lacks a coffee grinding feature
- The Breville Barista Pro delivers third wave specialty coffee at home using the 4 keys formula and is part of the Barista Series that offers all in one espresso machines with integrated grinder to go from beans to espresso in under one minute
- DOSE CONTROL GRINDING: With a single touch, the integrated precision conical burr grinder with dose control delivers the right amount of coffee on demand, for maximum flavor
- OPTIMAL WATER PRESSURE: Low pressure pre-infusion gradually increases pressure at the start and helps ensure all the flavors are drawn out evenly during the extraction for a balanced tasting cup
- FASTER HEAT UP TIME: Innovative ThermoJet heating system achieves the optimum extraction temperature in 3 seconds with the instantaneous transition from espresso to steam
- PRECISE ESPRESSO EXTRACTION: Digital temperature control (PID) delivers water at the right temperature plus & minus 2°C, ensuring optimal espresso extraction
The Barista Pro is one of the biggest bangs for the buck if you want a full espresso-making unit with a milk steaming wand.
This incredible machine is a semi-automatic system. It gives you total control over all kinds of aspects of your latte and cappuccino, as it lets you adjust the grind size, the temperature, as well as extraction pressure of the coffee.
The machine is made of stainless steel and features an LCD display that lets you choose the ideal coffee settings for your needs.
The only drawback here is that you’ll need to manually prepare the steamed milk using the frothing wand.
- Can prepare 2 cups in one go
- Allows you to adjust all parameters of your latte or cappuccino
- Features a display screen for simple control
- A bit pricey
- COFFEE, LATTES & CAPPUCCINOS: Use any K-Cup pod to brew coffee, or make delicious lattes and cappuccinos.
- SIMPLE BUTTON CONTROLS: Just insert any K-Cup pod and use the button controls to brew delicious coffee, or make hot or iced lattes and cappuccinos.
- LARGE 60oz WATER RESERVOIR: Allows you to brew 6 cups before having to refill, saving you time and simplifying your morning routine. Removable reservoir makes refilling easy.
- SMART START: Your coffee maker heats, then brews in one simple process. No need to wait for it to heat before selecting your cup size.
- ENERGY EFFICIENT: Programmable auto off feature automatically turns your brewer off 2 hours after the last brew for energy savings.
Although most espresso pod machines don’t have a milk steamer option, this one has a durable and sputter-free one.
The machine is extremely simple and convenient as it skips all the fuss and allows you to brew k-cup pods instantly.
The milk steamer in this device is super handy and makes a lot of froth when used properly, allowing for extremely cream texture and marvelous flavor!
- Affordable price
- Make a lot of frothing for a velvety texture
- Only works with k-cup pods
- From beans to latte, in a single touch. Espresso Made Right
- 18 espresso and specialty coffee recipes, with a simple touch of a button, including latte, cappuccino, macchiato, espresso, iced coffee, ristretto, flat white and more
- Built-in conical burr grinder with 13 settings for always freshly ground coffee, for any beans of your choice
- Automatic and adjustable milk frothing from the proprietary LatteCrema System for perfectly textured lattes and cappuccinos; works with oat, soy and rice milk
- The easiest machine to clean and maintain: just pop out the drip tray and the milk carafe and put them in the dishwasher
The Dinamica espresso machine with LatteCrema is easily one of the best high-end options on the market, and since it’s made by De’Longhi, you don’t have to worry about the build quality of the milk steamer!
The machine is capable of brewing up to 18 different espresso-based recipes, all with a single touch of a button!
It also allows you to customize every aspect of your cup through a digital screen, including the temperature and grind size.
We absolutely love the proprietary LatteCrema system that won’t only automate the milk steaming and frothing, but will also allow you to control its texture and use all kinds of milk alternatives with it, such as soy, rice, and oat milk!
- Has a fully automated and adjustable milk-steaming system
- Allows you to brew a huge variety of milk-based espresso drinks
- lactose intolerant and vegan users can use it with various milk alternatives
- Quite expensive when compared to other options
Lastly, if you’re on a budget and looking for a reliable and simple espresso machine with a milk steamer wand, you should consider this one!
The machine is equipped with a powerful 15 bar pump that extracts and brews in about 45 seconds. It also has a large 1.25-liter reservoir to save you the hassle of refilling.
The machine also has a reliable milk frother, which allows it to brew lattes and cappuccinos without sputter or poor performance! For the machine’s price, it’s a magnificent option.
- Powerful extraction and quick brewing
- Excellent choice for buyers on a strict budget
- Equipped with an auto shut off feature and overheating protection
- A little bulky on countertops
What to Look for While Buying an Espresso Machine with Milk Steamer
Most espresso machines on the market come with milk steamers. However, to choose the right one, there are various aspects that you need to consider. Let’s have a quick look at some of them:
Construction and Durability
There are plenty of durable machines on the market, but not many of them have durable milk steamers too.
Always make sure that the milk steamer is also sturdy and won’t warp or come off with continuous use.
Many frothing wands on the market sputters while fluffing the milk, which causes a lot of nasty mess that requires frequent cleanup.
Make sure that you go for a well-built milk steamer that will ensure a steady performance without spilling out the content of the cup.
Automatic Milk Steaming
The automation of the espresso machine also includes milk steamers. A semi-automatic espresso machine would typically require you to steam the milk yourself.
On the other hand, super-automatic ones would autopilot the entire process, including milk steaming. The choice here depends on your preferences and the budget you’ve set for the device.
Finding the best espresso machine and milk steamer combo is not an easy feat, since a lot of products on the market have a steam wand. With this review guide, you’ll be able to choose the most reliable option for your needs!
If you’re looking for a reliable and all-around excellent machine, we recommend the One-Touch CoffeeHouse Espresso Maker from Mr. Coffee, as it makes velvety smooth espressos and comes with a super convenient milk-steaming system!
However, if money is not an issue, and you don’t mind a splurge for the “best in class” option, you should go for the De’Longhi Dinamica with LatteCrema Fully Automatic Espresso Machine.