Wouldn’t it be great if you could have a fresh cup of coffee before an important meeting? Of course, you can head to the nearest coffee shop and ask the barista to brew it. But having the best espresso machine for small office will make the process easier and more convenient.
These machines are compact yet reliable and designed to deliver consistent and impressive results. So if you would like to sip on your coffee while you’re focusing on building your career, you’ve come to the right place. Keep on reading to learn more about top choices and the features you need to think about before choosing the right espresso maker.
At a glance
How to Choose the Best Espresso Machine for Small Office
In the office, you need a reliable espresso machine that doesn’t take time to set up or to deliver your espresso. Here are some of the features that you need to consider before picking an espresso machine for a small office.
Ease of Use
With little time for coffee, while you’re working, you should choose a machine that offers one-touch button operation. Make sure that your espresso maker has reliable and easy-to-understand controls to deliver your coffee just the way you like it.
Type of Coffee
There are several options to choose from when it comes to choosing your favorite coffee. If you have an espresso machine with a built-in grinder, you can select your favorite coffee beans and grind them on the spot.
Pre-ground coffee is accessible and easy to use. However, you should keep the machine clean to prevent buildup that alters the taste of your coffee. Some machines are compatible with pods, which are straightforward to use but more expensive.
Whether you’re enjoying coffee alone or with a colleague, you need a machine that offers versatility, so you can enjoy your espresso or any other coffee-based drink just the way you like.
Some machines offer other drinks like cappuccinos and lattes. If you’re only interested in espresso, you can look for a machine that allows you to adjust the strength of your shot.
Reviews of the Best Espresso Machine for Small Office
Setting up a cool coffee corner in your office or in the break room is a decision that everyone would appreciate. However, the centerpiece should be a reliable espresso machine that is designed to satisfy the needs of everyone.
While basic drip coffee makers might seem convenient, there are high-quality espresso machines that allow for more options and versatility. Check out our top picks.
- The Breville Barista Express delivers third wave specialty coffee at home using the 4 keys formula and is part of the Barista Series that offers all in one espresso machines with integrated grinder to go from beans to espresso in under one minute
- Dose Control Grinding: Integrated precision conical burr grinder grinds on demand to deliver the right amount of freshly ground coffee directly into the portafilter for your preferred taste with any roast of bean
- Optimal Water Pressure: Low pressure pre-infusion gradually increases pressure at the start and helps ensure all the flavors are drawn out evenly during the extraction for a balanced tasting cup. Grind Settings: 16 precision grind settings
- Precise Espresso Extraction: Digital temperature control (PID) delivers water at precisely the right temperature, ensuring optimal espresso extraction
- Manual Microfoam Milk Texturing: The powerful steam wand performance allows you to hand texture microfoam milk that enhances flavor and enables creation of latte art
Enjoy specialty coffee in your office as this espresso machine comes with an integrated grinder that allows you to switch from beans to espresso in one minute. The conical burr grinder grinds the adequate amount of beans into the portafilter. You can easily control the grind size.
The machine delivers the low-pressure pre-infusion to ensure that the flavors are extracted evenly for a balanced cup. The soaked grinds are then extracted through the 9-bar extraction or the high 15-bar Italian pump.
There’s precise temperature control for balanced extraction, and you can adjust the strength of the espresso shot by brewing 19 or 22 grams of coffee. Thanks to the powerful steam wand, you can add microfoam milk to create latte art.
It comes with a half-pound hopper and a 67-ounce water tank. It also features a stainless steel milk jug. You can control this machine to prepare single or double shots. When you’re done, you can easily clean it. However, if you’re on a tight budget, this machine won’t work for you as it comes with a hefty price tag.
What We Like
- Espresso machine with an integrated conical burr grinder.
- Ability to adjust the grind size.
- Low-pressure pre-infusion to allow for better extraction.
- Ability to control the strength of the espresso shots.
- Steam wand to create latte art.
What We Don’t Like
- More expensive than other models.
- Note: 1)Too coarse a grind, too little coffee, or insufficiently tamping the grounds before brewing can all lead to inadequate pressure for a proper brew. 2)It is important to note that the amount of espresso extracted will vary depending on the grind size and amount and reprogramming may be needed when the size and amount are adjusted
- 4 Cups Easy pour Carafe
- Light Indicators, Homemade creamy cappuccino, macchiatos and lattes
- 5 bar working pressure for rich coffee tasting coffee
- Removable Drip Tray for Easy Cleaning
For a budget-friendly price, you will be able to enjoy high-quality espresso. This machine is easy to use and features a 4-cup easy to use the carafe. The 3-way knob allows you to switch it on and off or select the steam function.
The machine applies 5 bars of pressure to start extracting your pre-ground coffee and ensure the best taste. In addition to espresso, you can use the built-in milk frother for cappuccino, macchiato, and latte. It features a removable tray for easy cleaning.
This compact machine is an excellent choice for a small break room or coffee corner because it’s compact and lightweight. The machine is easy to set up, and the coffee tastes great, so it’s great value for money.
If you’re looking for a basic machine that brews amazing espresso shots, this should be the right one. However, this machine lacks the adjustability and versatility of other models. Don’t forget to switch it off because it doesn’t have a safety feature.
What We Like
- Budget-friendly espresso machine.
- Great value for money.
- Compact design with a built-in milk frother.
- Easy to operate and clean.
What We Don’t Like
- Doesn’t offer a lot of versatility.
- No shutoff feature.
- Works with Lavazza Blue capsules
- 2 Coffee selections: simple touch controls, 1 programmable free dose and 1 pre-set.
- Visual alerts: fitted with a visual indicator to show when the water tank is empty or the capsules drawer is full.
- Capsule drawer: maximum capacity of 5 exhausted capsules.Frequency: 5060 Hz
- Transparent water tank capacity: 0. 2Gl
This attractive coffee maker offers 2 coffee selections. You can either choose the 1 programmable free dose or the preset option. It features a visual indicator that shows that the water tank is empty or the capsule drawer is full. The drawer holds up to 5 capsules of exhausted capsules, so you don’t have to clean it after brewing every coffee cup.
Using this machine, you can enjoy an espresso or a lungo. The water reservoir has a capacity of 0.7 liters, so you don’t have to worry about filling it before every shot. The 10 bars of pressure allow for even extraction to enjoy the natural flavor and aroma.
You can enjoy your espresso shot in no time because the machine sets up in 28 seconds. Because it’s designed for office use, this espresso maker can fit any type of cup, from small espresso cups to mugs. You can use a toothbrush to clean it.
When not in use, you can activate the eco mode, which saves energy and reduces energy bills. Since it’s only compatible with the company’s capsules, it’s more limiting than machines that you can use with pre-ground coffee and coffee beans.
What We Like
- Sleek and attractive design.
- Can be used to prepare espresso or lungo.
- Transparent water tank with a visual indicator.
- Exhaust capsules draw with an alarm.
- Eco mode.
What We Don’t Like
- Can only be used with the brand’s capsules.
To enjoy espresso in your office or break room, we chose the Breville BES870XL Barista Express Espresso Machine as our top choice. This is a versatile machine with lots of options, but if you’re looking for an affordable espresso maker, we recommend that you take a look at the IMUSA USA GAU-18202 4 Cup Espresso/Cappuccino Maker.