Coffee is among the most consumed beverages in our day and age. The average American drinks about 3 cups of coffee per day, and the nation enjoys a total of 140 billion cups per year. This is plenty of coffee!
It’s imperative then to make sure that this heavily ingested drink doesn’t carry with it any pollutants. Among the suspects is a chemical called bisphenol A, which we commonly know as BPA. This substance is present in many plastics and it’s considered by many to be a health threat.
That’s why good-quality products that come in contact with food materials are always marked as free from BPA. They’re even given a grade that specifies their appropriateness for such uses.
To make sure that our coffee carries only pleasure rather than pollutants, we made a list of the best non-toxic coffee makers. Also, we added a detailed guide on how to choose the right one.
At a glance
The Top 5 Non-Toxic Coffee Makers Reviewed
Every person has a preferred coffee blend, the right roast, and a particular method to brew the perfect cup of joe. That’s why this list includes a wide variety of coffee makers to match individual tastes.
The one thing they all have in common is that they’re made from materials that are free from BPA and other toxins.
- ENJOY HOTTER COFFEE: Expert coffee-making technology will allow you to ensure your coffee temperature is perfect without sacrificing flavor or quality
- BREW STRENGTH CONTROL: Select regular or bold coffee flavor to perfectly match your coffee taste preference
- FULLY AUTOMATIC COFFEE BREWER: 24-hour programmability with 1–4 cup settings, auto-off functionality—0-4 hours—and optional ready alert tone
- 14-CUP GLASS CARAFE: Includes decorative stainless-steel handle with matching stainless-steel body to perfectly pair with your kitchen appliances
- FILL WITH EASE: Easy-to-view water window for accurate filling and Cuisinart’s trademarked Brew Pause feature lets you enjoy a cup of coffee before the brewing cycle has finished
The stainless steel 14-cup carafe is far superior to the plastic alternatives. Its thermal performance is also impressive, and it would keep your coffee hot for a long time.
To complement the material purity of this coffee maker, the body of the coffee maker is made from stainless steel. This gives further protection from pollutants and also adds to the device’s longevity.
Some people consider paper filters a hidden source of pollutants in the brew. These folks will be pleased to know that the Cuisinart comes with a reusable filter that eliminated the need for paper ones entirely.
Besides its chemical-free build, this coffee maker is fully automated and filled to the brim with amazing features. My favorite is the option of regular or strong coffee.
- 3-WAYS TO BREW: Brew up to 12 cups with ground coffee on the carafe side or use dual purpose single serving to brew a pod or ground coffee on the other. The included pod holder and single-serve grounds basket easily handle both options
- SINGLE-CUP COFFEE MAKER: Brew a cup with a K-Cup, pod, another pod brand, or ground coffee. The included pod holder and single-serve grounds basket easily handle both options and the cup rest removes so you can brew into a tall travel mug
- BREW A FULL POT OF COFFEE: This programmable coffee maker has Easy-Touch programming for wake-up ready coffee. After brewing, coffee stays warm for 2 hours and the power automatically shuts off. Auto Pause & Pour lets you pour a cup as coffee brews
- CUSTOMIZE YOUR BREW STRENGTH: Control how strong you want your coffee with Select-a-Brew: regular and bold brewing options
- 2 SEPARATE EASY-FILL WATER RESERVOIRS: Each brewing side on this Hamilton Beach coffee maker has its own water reservoir that’s easy to fill and features a water window, so you always know exactly how much water to add
The Hamilton Beach FlexBrew is actually much more than a regular coffee maker, it’s a whole coffee bar wrapped in one dream machine. If you’re a coffee lover you’ll definitely relate!
Suffice it to say that you have the option to prepare a single-serve cup from a k-pod and simultaneously brew a carafe from ground coffee. This is perfect if you have a party around the house. Then again, if you’re alone and need a single cup made from ground coffee, this option is available too.
The machine is customizable, fully automated, and you’d only use glass or ceramic reservoirs for your coffee. The taste is naturally as incredible as you might imagine.
- Fastest 10-Cup Home Coffeemaker brews a full pot of coffee in about 3 minutes
- An always hot internal hot water is ready to brew hot coffee on deman. Item dimensions is 14.8 high x 7.1 wide x 13.8 deep inch. Note-replace sprayhead and brew funnel. Pour additional carafes of fresh, cold water into the brewer as needed until water has no vinegar smell or tasted
- Exclusive drip-free carafe with a proprietary lid and spout design that arcs the pour of the coffee into the cup and wicks the coffee dribbles back into the carafe preventing a mess on cup or counter
- Multi-stream spray head showers hot water evenly over the coffee grounds
- Large flat bottom filter and funnel allows greater interaction between hot water and coffee grounds for superior flavor extraction
The Speed Brew tech of the BUNN GRB guarantees a tasty cup in less than 3 minutes. This is a bit like preparing Espresso, where the showers of hot water envelop the whole surface of the grounds and quickly extract the flavors.
The water tank is made from stainless steel and so is the reusable coffee filter. This way, you can be sure that there are no pollutants or an annoying plastic aftertaste to spoil your brew. Only great-tasting coffee.
- UNIVERSAL DESIGN AND WASTE REDUCING: No need for paper or plastic cups, we’ve included a 14-Oz. No.304 stainless steel interior and exterior insulated travel mug that fits perfectly under coffee dispensers and most cup holders so fresh coffee is always ready for you. Just Click, Brew and Go.
- QUICK INSTANT BREW TIME: With the Elite Gourmet personal single-serve coffee maker, you can brew fresh coffee at home in under 60 seconds. It’s great for “On the go mornings or a quick pick me up to save valuable time for your busy life.
- EASY ONE-TOUCH OPERATION: Enjoy hot and freshly brewed coffee fast with this stylish, compact 600-Watt coffee maker. The one-touch operation allows you to quickly and easily brew up to 14 oz. of tasty coffee at the perfect temperature without the long wait at your local coffee house.
- BREW GROUNDS: Brew a cup of coffee exactly how you want it with fresh coffee grounds. No more paper filters, we’ve included a removable & reusable filter for use with coffee grounds and loose-leaf tea.
- EVERYTHING YOU NEED: The Elite Gourmet Personal Single-Serve Coffee Maker has everything you need to enjoy hot fresh coffee. Comes complete with coffee maker base, travel mug, lid and reusable filter.
This compact single-serve coffee maker comes with a stainless steel travel mug, in addition to a reusable steel filter. There are no plastic parts in sight, which contributes to the purity of the taste and to your peace of mind.
The Elite is also one of the fastest coffee makers on this list, as you can get a delicious cup in under one minute. It’s a compact and economic unit, but it still has all the essential safety features. It would shut off automatically when not in use and reset before overheating.
- ✔ LUXURY FOR ESPRESSO LOVERS: The Intenca stainless steel espresso maker stove top was made for those who cannot resist a full-bodied aromatic cup of espresso. Smelling the ground beans when filling the espresso coffee pot will whet your appetite for a full flavored cup of espresso. Sharing is caring, produces 6.8oz for 4 flavorful espresso cups.
- ✔ EASY TO USE: Just the feeling of making espresso in the traditional way is enough to relax you even before you drink your aromatic cup of espresso. Easy to use: Fill the lower part of the Italian espresso maker with water, put the ground coffee into the basket, put the top on and place the espresso pot on the cooker to boil. Can also be used as a sweet cuban coffee maker!
- ✔ BONVIVO QUALITY: We understand and appreciate the importance of good coffee, either in your routine, or to escape from it. We are pleased and excited to provide you with an Italian coffee maker that is not only high-end with German QC, but also understands that "quality" is carried in the stainless steel and in the espresso coffee. That's why we use the best products to produce each of our beautiful espresso machines to ensure that every look, and every drop, pleases your tastes.
- ✔ DESIGN: Just looking at the Italian coffee pot will remind you of “la dolce vita”. The silver espresso maker will transport you to your last holiday in Italy; to picturesque lanes; the delicious meals; and the excellent espresso that rounded off the evening. A luxurious masterpiece that is a must have for every kitchen. The chrome finish adds a touch of elegance and makes the espresso pot a stylish gift for family and friends.
- ✔ QUALITY AND VARIETY: The bonVIVO espresso maker is made of stainless steel with a hard-wearing chrome finish. Aside from its espresso coffee maker use, you can also use as percolator coffee pot and perfect as a cuban coffee maker for those who love that traditional sweet taste.
The traditional ways of making coffee are back, and one of them is by using a stovetop coffee maker. The bonVIVO is as elegant as it is healthful. The retro pot is made from stainless steel, so you wouldn’t be bothered by an aftertaste that comes with other materials.
It’s also quite easy to clean, which contributes to minimizing the toxic load of the coffee maker by eliminating mold or bacterial growth.
What Are the Benefits of Using Non-Toxic Coffee Makers?
Making healthy choices is generally wise, but if you’d like more reasons to buy a non-toxic coffee maker, here are some valid ones.
- Studies on food reservoirs containing BPA showed that this material easily seeps into the foods or drinks. From there it reaches the bloodstream and often causes unfavorable health issues. Diabetes, cardiovascular diseases, and brain problems.
- Plastic containers often change the taste and occasionally the smell of the food materials inside them. This is particularly annoying with coffee.
- Non-toxic materials like glass, ceramic, or steel are often easier to clean. And this limits the growth of mold, bacteria, and other pathogens significantly. This in turn decreases the toxicity of the coffee maker.
- As an extra perk, non-toxic materials usually have better durability and longevity than plastics.
How To Choose the Right Non-Toxic Coffee maker
Picking a coffee maker is never easy. Especially, with all the wonderful models on display. However, you can use the following as a checklist to choose a product that matches your requirements.
- Capacity: are you a single-serve kind of person? Or do you often host a party that needs a 14-cup carafe? This is the most important question.
- Size: where would the coffee maker be placed? Counter space often dictates the right device.
- Automation level: would you rather leave everything to the machine? Or you would feel better if you can control the process?
- Ease of cleaning: a machine with easily accessible parts that you can pop in the dishwasher is far better than the opposite case.
- Safety features: overheating protection and auto-shutoff are must-haves.
- Aesthetics: a stylish design that matches your surroundings is part of the pleasure.
There are so many benefits to going for healthy clean choices especially with a beverage that we drink so frequently.
There are many coffee makers currently in the market that fit the bill as non-toxic brewers. In addition to our list, there are impressive French Press, Syphons, and ceramic pour-over coffee makers that many people like.
As for our pick for the best non-toxic coffee maker, the Cuisinart DCC-3200P1 Perfectemp Coffee Maker easily gets the top spot.