French press coffee is a real treat to the senses. However, if you prepare more than a single serving, the rest of the coffee in the carafe would soon cool off. Additionally, the over-extraction of the steeping coffee could leave a stale, muddy, or acidic aftertaste. To avoid all that, you could simply use a smaller press.
If you want to know what’s the best single cup French press coffee maker, then read on. We also added a practical checklist for choosing the right one, plus our pro tips on how to make the perfect French press coffee.
If you’re in a rush, here are our top picks:
The Top 5 Single Cup French Press Coffee Makers Reviewed
First of all, let’s agree on what defines a ‘single cup’. In the professional coffee-making standards, a cup is 4-6 oz. This is the extra small cup that you’d often see espresso served in. The layman’s estimate for a cup is anything from 8-15 oz, and the traveler’s cup is as large as 18 oz.
The single-serve cup in the following list is the 12 oz estimate, which is often what coffee enthusiasts find appropriate. You’d find below various materials, styles, and price points. We made sure to include the best options of single-cup French press coffee makers.
- Mulitiple Uses: Coffee is the primary purpose, but you can also use it for juice, tea, frothed milk, hot chocolate and more. There are plenty of choices for you to renew and re-energize yourself.
- Precise Scale Line: Our French press coffee maker features an exact scale line, so you can accurately prepare the amount of coffee or tea according to your needs. You can prepare your own fresh coffee just as perfect as coffee made by professionals.
- Portable Design: The small size is perfect for making single serve coffee , you can taste the freshest coffee every time. The individual sized is easy to carry which will be perfect for trips, camping adventures or at work.
- Make a Perfect Gift: This personal size French press is a perfect gift for a friend or your family member who loves coffee or tea. Perfect for housewarmings, weddings, birthdays, holidays, Christmas, Thanksgiving, New Year, and Valentine’s day.
- Why purchase this product? – The affordable price, user-friendly functions and elegant design makes this French Press a great addition to your kitchen. In addition, Our French Press is a great gift for friends and family. Purchase one today and enjoy the benefits of owning a Veken French Press.
This press has stylish good looks, in addition to durability, thorough 4-stage filtration, and it comes at an amazing price.
The carafe is made from borosilicate glass that is BPA-free, and it has scale markings on the side for accurate preparation of the coffee. The glass carafe is supported by a rustic stainless steel frame, which helps in protecting the container and moving it.
It’s perfect for an individual serving, and it’s quite easy to clean. You can also give it as a gift to a special someone.
- THE FRENCH PRESS: Simply the best little brewer for your morning cup of coffee; Easy brewing, exceptional filtration, quick clean-up, and sleek design all combine to give you everything you want in your french press; Perfect to make fresh coffee, tea, espresso, or cold brew
- EASY BREWING: Brewing couldn't be easier; Just spoon course grounds into the carafe, add boiling water, allow to steep for 4 (four) minutes, and strain for the perfect cup; Use your Clever Chef Single Serving Coffee Brewer at home, the office, the campsite, or anywhere with access to boiling water
- MAXIMUM FLAVOR: Extract all of the essential oils from your coffee grounds to capture the pure flavor with this classic brewing method; Premium multi-level filtration technology filters out all the coffee grounds, giving you an amazingly smooth cup of coffee; Enjoy maximum flavor for the best tasting cup of coffee you've ever experienced
- STYLISH AND DURABLE DESIGN: Features a shatter-resistant carafe, fine stainless steel mesh screen, and comfortable handle design; When breakfast is over, just rinse out the grounds and toss your disassembled French Press into the dishwasher for easy clean up; Measures 6.75 X 4.5 X 3 inches and has a 2 (two) cup/12 fluid ounce/0.4 liter capacity
- 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE: Backed by our 100% Satisfaction Guarantee (details below in description); Start your morning off right with the Clever Chef Single Serving French Press Coffee Brewer
The Clever Chef French press has one of the simplest designs we came across. It’s easy to use, a breeze to carry around, and no hassle at all in cleaning.
The filtration process of any press could make or break the brew. That’s why we always look for an extensive compound filter. And this one, even though it looks rather small, but it can keep out the tiniest grains of coffee.
This press is great for repeated usage, and on top of that, it’s a budget-friendly option.
- 1 WITH MORE HEALTHY MATERIAL-- This Magicafé FRENCH PRESS COFFEE MAKER is made of 18/8 food grade premium stainless steel with 12OZ/350ml Capacity. This mini french press coffee maker makes 1 cup of coffee, perfect for you to enjoy fresh coffee.This french press coffee maker is sturdier and rust-free for many years for its premium material.We are sure you will love this french press.
- 2 WITH DOUBLE-WALLED CONSTRUCTION-- This Magicafé FRENCH PRESS COFFEE MAKER is double-walled,which means it is thicker and heavier than usual. With double-walled construction, it keeps coffee warm up to 90 minutes. The handle is made ergonomically so it is easy to hold and won’t burn your hands.
- 3 WITH DURABLE MESH FILTER-- This Magicafé FRENCH PRESS COFFEE MAKER can trap the tiniest coffee grounds and produce an amazing smooth coffee anytime.
- 4 RUST RESISTANT & DISHWASHER SAFE-- This Magicafé FRENCH PRESS COFFEE MAKER is designed to rust-proof and durable for use. With the 18/8 premium stainless steel, it is rust resistant,sturdier and easier to clean. All parts of the french press coffee maker are dishwasher safe.
- 5 MAKES A PERFECT GIFT!-- Packing with a ritzy box, Magicafé French Press Coffee Maker is a perfect gift for a friend or your family member who loves coffee. Also, Magicafé French Press Coffee Maker comes with one-year-warranty. If you are not satisfied with this French Press Coffee Maker, contact us for after-sale service. We are here to help you to solve the problem.
Stainless steel doesn’t give the classic look of the French press, but it provides far more durability and better heat retention.
This elegant and stylish press is rust-resistant, scratch-resistant, and if it falls it wouldn’t shatter like glass. Also, you can pop it inside the dishwasher once you finish your coffee.
It comes at a slightly higher price, but that’s totally justifiable.
- French press
- Non-skid rubber base and comfortable ergonomic grip with silicone band
- The flow of fluids is adjusted with a turn of the screw in the lid
Bodum has been in the business of making kitchenware for the past 75 years. It’s a Danish brand that’s constantly innovating and catering to the needs of households everywhere in the globe.
This travel French press is environment-friendly, easy to use, has an elaborate filtration system, and it retains the heat for quite a while.
If you’re constantly on the move, you can still have your favorite brew. It’s a bit pricey though.
- ☕The small French Press Easy to use and Comes apart easily for cleaning, 12OZ Single cup bamboo Coffee Maker
- ☕Good Quality:The stand is stable and liquids pour out easily and do not make a mess.the glass carafe is sturdy.the glass carafe is sturdy, and the filter screen is made of very fine mesh.
- ☕Modern and Retro Stylish:The cafetera francesa design incorporates both natural Bamboo color and morden stainless steel frame.
- ☕Heat Resistant: The glass french coffee press made from heat resistant borosilicate glass with stainless steel frame and heat resistant original china durable bamboo handle
- ☕A Wide Range of Use:Single French Press can be used as a Coffee or Tea Press Pot(3 cup/12oz/350ml with bonus a stainless steel Scoop and two filters serve you better)
This is a retro-looking French press for all the coffee connoisseurs who enjoy doing things in style.
The bamboo handle and lid would appeal to the naturalists, and they give this press a unique and warm appearance. The stainless steel frame complements this quite nicely. Additionally, the filtration system is impeccable, and it wouldn’t let the tiniest coffee particle out.
You can use this press for preparing other beverages like making a cold brew, herbal tea, or you can use it as a milk frother. It’s quite versatile.
How to Choose the Right Single Cup French Press Coffee Maker
You’ve already made up your mind about the capacity of the French press, but there are other considerations you might want to look into. Here are a few pointers that you could use as a checklist before making a final decision.
Material and Durability
Glass is the most common material used in making French press coffee makers. Its transparency is a wonderful way to gauge when the brew is ready, and whether the carafe is empty. Its main downside is its fragility, so you need to always handle it with care.
Stainless steel and stoneware are far more durable than glass. And some designs make the best of the sleek polished look of these materials. You wouldn’t be able to see the coffee inside them though.
Making coffee should be a pleasure and a reprieve from the daily churn. That’s why using an aesthetically pleasing French press is as essential as using a sturdy one. Luckily, there’s a wide array of models in the market, so you can pick and choose.
Ease of Cleaning
There are several components in the French press, and they all need regular cleaning. So, if you make more than one cup of coffee per day, a needy cleanup would be highly inconvenient. There are some dishwasher-friendly models, and these are pretty good options.
Some materials are better at retaining heat than others. For example, stainless steel would keep the coffee warm almost twice as long as glass.
However, with a single serving French press that’s not a huge deal, as we often drink the whole brew right away. It matters more with large ones.
The Best Way to Use a French Press
Here are some pro tips to make the best of your newly acquired French press coffee maker.
- Use a suitable kind of coffee beans, and if possible, grind them at home. We reviewed the best single-dose coffee grinders for you.
- Use a fixed ratio for coffee to water. Usually, 2 tbsp to 8 oz gives perfect results. Use a scale and a graded beaker for that.
- Pour hot water that hasn’t reached the boiling stage for the best extraction.
- Let the coffee steep for 4-5 min before pressing down the plunger. You might need a timer for that.
- Try to use even force on the plunger, and go as slowly as possible to avoid disturbing the coffee particles.
- Wash the French press and all of its parts right after finishing your coffee. This should keep it in mint condition for a long time.
Since the 1800s, French press coffee was an instant hit and it remains to be the favorite brew of millions worldwide. That’s why the efforts to create the best press have never ceased. When it comes to picking one model, the Veken French Press Coffee Maker is our top selection. It filters the coffee grains effectively, it’s made from a highly durable material, and it comes at a great price.