Coffee is all about depth and richness, but once you add frothed milk to it, you can turn it into a lively and vibrant cappuccino. You could always do this the old-fashioned way, or, you may want to invest in a coffee maker with a built-in frother for an easier approach.
If you prefer the latter method, it’s probably time to choose the best single-serve coffee maker with frother on the market. You can hop in while we explore the world of coffee machines!
At a glance
If you’re in a hurry, here are our top picks:
The Top 3 Single-Serve Coffee Makers With a Milk Frother
It always feels good to find a product that includes several functions in one machine. This makes it time and effort-saving, much to every busy person’s delight.
Without further ado, let’s review our favorite three coffee machines out there.
- COFFEE, LATTES & CAPPUCCINOS: Use any K-Cup pod to brew coffee, or make delicious lattes and cappuccinos.
- SIMPLE BUTTON CONTROLS: Just insert any K-Cup pod and use the button controls to brew delicious coffee, or make hot or iced lattes and cappuccinos.
- LARGE 60oz WATER RESERVOIR: Allows you to brew 6 cups before having to refill, saving you time and simplifying your morning routine. Removable reservoir makes refilling easy.
- SMART START: Your coffee maker heats, then brews in one simple process. No need to wait for it to heat before selecting your cup size.
- ENERGY EFFICIENT: Programmable auto off feature automatically turns your brewer off 2 hours after the last brew for energy savings.
Once we start talking about coffee, Keurig has to pop into our conversation. The king of coffee maker brands has so much to offer, so, of course, this machine has made the top of our list.
The K-Cafe coffee maker is compatible with K-cups, saving you so much prep time in the morning. Instead of worrying about grinding beans before each brew, you can just drop in your favorite coffee capsules and let the magic begin.
Even better, this coffee maker comes with straightforward button controls, which is perfect for a sleep-fuzzy mind. Plus, thanks to the included frother, you could make lattes and cappuccinos in a blink.
The K-Cafe has a large 6-ounce water reservoir, four cup sizes to choose from, and more awesome features. With all that in mind, a lot of people claim that it has great value for the money.
- Easy-to-use controls
- Dishwasher-safe milk frother
- Works with K-cup pods for more coffee variety
- Can brew 6 cups before you need to refill it
- A bit bulky
- Specialty brew: brew super-rich Coffee concentrate that you can use to create delicious lattes, macchiato, cappuccinos, and other coffeehouse-style drinks.
- Iced Coffee: brew fresh over ice for flavorful Iced Coffee that's never watered down
- 6 brew sizes: brew anything from a single cup or travel size to a half carafe or a full carafe in your Coffee maker
- Fold-away frother: turns hot or cold milk into silky-smooth froth
- No Pods Required: Up to $200 in annual savings using grounds vs. pods Based on a 2.5-cup daily average consumption of popular coffee brands
Need even more options out of your single-serve coffee maker? Well, this Ninja machine should have you covered. It’s a bit on the expensive side, but its incredible versatility and cool features should justify its cost.
First of all, this buddy can act as a single-serve as well as a carafe-style coffee maker. It’s capable of brewing a single cup, XL single cup, travel mug, XL travel mug, a half carafe, or a full carafe. Impressive, ha?
Second of all, the Ninja coffee maker allows you to brew four styles of coffee to match your everyday mood. You can choose from classic, rich, iced, or specialty, which is an extra-strong coffee that you could use to make your favorite milk-based beverages.
If you’re all about coffee freshness, you’ll probably be thrilled that this machine uses ground coffee. Sure, it’s a bit less convenient than coffee pods, but your taste buds should be much happier.
- Able to brew 6 size options and 4 coffee styles
- High brew quality that’s certified by the Specialty Coffee Association
- Uses ground coffee for a richer taste and aroma
- One of the most versatile options on the market
- A little pricey
- Has a big footprint
- IMPOSSIBLY GOOD QUALITY: The Vertuo Next machine makes an extraordinary cup of coffee in a variety of sizes. And it's quality you can see and taste -- the silky crema atop the coffee is the signature of a truly great cup of coffee
- QUALITY ENABLED BY TECHNOLOGY: Delivers the optimal in-cup results for each blend using capsule-specific brewing with barcode reading; resulting in a silky crema atop the coffee; a signature of a truly great cup of coffee
- A RANGE OF OPTIONS: Vertuo Next makes both coffee and espresso in a variety of sizes: 5 8 and 18oz coffees, and single and double espresso
- QUALITY DESIGN: Nespresso's newest innovation Vertuo Next is the most compact, sustainable and smart Vertuo machine yet. It's made of 54% recycled materials, is only 5.5 inches wide
- COMPLIMENTARY GIFT: Each machine includes a complimentary starter set of Nespresso capsules (capsule assortment may vary from picture)
The Nespresso Vertuo line is one of Breville’s most fantastic creations. Despite this little guy’s slim size, it’s packed with features that fit its mid-range price perfectly. Let’s see why Vertuo Next has a big fanbase.
For starters, you’ll only need a simple touch of a button to start brewing your favorite Nespresso coffee capsules. And, when the machine finishes its job, it’ll eject the used pod and store it so that you can recycle it. Who said coffee pods can’t be eco-friendly?
Also, the quality of coffee that Vertuo creates has been praised by many reviewers. The machine arrives with a welcome set of 12 capsules including various options of coffees and espressos. After trying each one, you can determine your favorite to buy later on.
Yet, what everyone loved most about this machine is the Aeroccino frother that comes along with it. This little guy will froth any type of milk you drop in it, hot or cold, in a matter of minutes with no noise or vibration.
Compact and quick to operate, the Nespresso Vertuo Next can be just right for small kitchens and a fast-paced lifestyle.
- The one-touch operation brews several cup sizes
- Includes the Aeroccino frother for lattes, cappuccinos, etc.
- The package includes a welcome set of 12 Nespresso capsules
- Perfect as a gift for a coffee aficionado
- Mid-range price
- Only works with Nespresso capsules
- The capsules can be pretty pricey for some
Things to Consider Before Buying a Single-Serve Coffee Maker With Frother
Because there are many high-quality options to pick from, it can be tricky to make up your mind about a single-serve coffee maker. So, what to do to ensure that you get one that’s suitable for your needs?
Easy. Just take a few minutes to consider the following points, compare them to your preferences, and the answer should come to you.
- K-Cups vs. ground coffee machines
- Size in relation to your counter space
- Cup size options
- Housing material (plastic, stainless steel, etc.)
- Extra features (cleaning cycles, carafe-style coffee, etc.)
- Price and how it compares to your budget
The Bottom Line
Stumbling upon the best single-serve coffee maker with frother doesn’t just happen overnight. To find the right fit, you must ensure that every feature will enhance your overall coffee-making experience.
This is why our absolute favorite pick is the Keurig K-Cafe Single-Serve Coffee Maker With Frother. We like that it’s simple to use and clean, works with K-Cups to match an ever-changing taste, and it won’t have you breaking the bank.
On the other hand, the Ninja CM407 Specialty Coffee Maker might be a better alternative if you’re looking for more versatility and luxury. It can offer you four coffee styles and six brew sizes. Plus, it gives you more freedom to choose your beans since it uses ground coffee.