Undercounter ice makers are an ideal investment when you own a small cafe or restaurant or are looking to have a large amount of ice at home. People love the sleek design because they fit right under your counters without looking bulky and distracting from the room’s aesthetic.
Before you jump the gun and purchase any undercounter ice maker, check out some of the best ones on the market.
At a glance
Whatever the reason is you’re looking for a new undercounter ice maker with a drain pump, you can’t go wrong with these three fantastic options. They range in price, and each brings something a little different to the table. Either way, they’re all excellent.
1: ADT Commercial Undercounter Ice Maker – Best Overall
- ❄Fast Ice Making❄Commercial ice machine Making 40 clear ice cubes for one cycle in just 11 to 20 minutes and up to 80 lbs of ice in 24 hours. 20 lbs ice storage capacity.Each ice cube is at the standard size weighs 9g, making it perfect for mixed drinks or small water bottle openings.
- ❄Flexible Installation❄Measures 14.96"x 19.29" x 33.85"(include adjust feet 1.18")and front breathing design allows installation under counters, you can also use as a freestanding unit.
- ❄LCD Display❄ LCD control panel allows for easy operation with power, delay and cleaning functions,you can also adjust ice cube size.
- ❄Stainless steel and Stylish Features❄Stainless steel door with full length handle is strong and durable. Bright blue LED lighting elegantly illuminates the interior.
- ❄If your drain outlet height is more than 5.9inch,you need to configure a drain pump.Your drain outlet should also be no further than 12inchs from the ice machine.
ADT has a longstanding reputation for high-quality yet affordable appliances, and this undercounter ice maker is no exception. It can easily fit under your counter, or if you prefer, it can act as a freestanding ice maker.
This commercial-grade ice maker comes equipped with an LCD screen that makes operating it easier than ever, and it looks modern and stylish. ADT made this ice maker with stunning stainless steel to look good and for durability.
Once you have the ice maker installed and it’s ready to work, you can have 40 ice cubes every 11 to 20 minutes when it’s running and 80 lbs of ice within 24 hours. When at total capacity, it can store 24 lbs of ice. The ice it produces is your standard ice cube, making it an excellent option for every beverage.
A favorite feature is that you can adjust the timer to change the size of the ice cube. This ADT ice maker comes with a drain pump, but if your drain outlet is taller than 5.9 inches, you’ll need to make adjustments for it to work correctly.
- Makes 80lbs of ice daily
- Fits under counters or can be freestanding
- LCD screen for easy use
- 24 lbs of ice storage
- Ability to change the size of the ice cube
- Not automatically suitable for drain outlets taller than 5.9 inches
- Ice may melt faster than expected
2: DUURA Premium Undercounter Ice Maker – Runner-Up
- LARGE ICE PRODUCTION AND STORAGE - Produces up to 65 pounds of clear restaurant quality slab ice cubes per day; each ice cube measures 3/4in x 3/4in x 1in and is clear, tasteless, and free from impurities; inside storage bin is removable to be placed on the counter top and stores 25 pounds of ice
- FLEXIBILE INSTALLATION – this ice maker is not a freezer so the ice will melt very slowly and requires use of a drain; includes built-in drain pump for installation almost anywhere a drain is available; leveling legs allow installation on uneven floors; 33.5 inch height and front breathing design allows installation under counters; finished sides let you also use as a freestanding unit
- ENERGY STAR AND COMMERCIAL APPROVALS –Energy efficient components allow this model to meet strict Energy Star guidelines; high quality parts and durable construction make this one of the only ice makers to have both residential and commercial approvals
- STYLISH FEATURES - Bright blue LED lighting elegantly illuminates the interior; reversible stainless steel door with full length handle can be installed to open from the left or right; ice scoop and internal scoop holder mounted on the inside wall
- EASY TO USE AND CLEAN – Push button controls are simple and intuitive, set it once and forget it; automatic overflow prevention stops ice production when ice bin is full; automatic cleaning mode is activated with the push of a button
The DUURA Premium Undercounter Ice Maker is another excellent option to think about before making this purchase. It features a sleek stainless steel design, seamlessly blending into any kitchen space.
Since this isn’t a freezer, the ice will gradually melt and require a drain pump. It comes equipped with one, so you’ll just need to make sure you have a space with a drain for installation.
This undercounter ice maker can make 65 lbs of ice per day and is capable of storing 25 lbs of ice at a time. So, while it makes less than our top choice, it still holds the same amount. Each product comes with an easy interface to use, illuminated by a blue LED light.
The push-button controls are simple to use, and it’s easy to start, stop, and even clean the ice maker. You’ll love the overflow prevention feature that automatically prevents the device from making ice when the storage bin is at capacity.
- Stores 25 lbs of ice
- Overflow prevention technology
- Drain pump that works everywhere
- Easy button interface
- Automatic cleaning
- Taller than other undercounter ice makers and may not fit under every counter
- Ice sometimes falls into sheets rather than cubes
3: Edgestar 50lbs Undercounter Ice Maker – Best Value
- SKU: IB450SSP
- Finish: Stainless Steel
- Manufactured By: EdgeStar
- Depth: 23.6 in.
If you’re looking for a great undercounter ice maker that gives you the best value for the price, this one by Edgestar is worth considering. Unlike our other top two choices, this ice maker features darker stainless steel features that are more appealing to some.
Each day, this Edgestar undercounter ice maker can make about 50 lbs of ice. It’s not as much as others, but the storage pin can still hold 25 lbs of ice like the others. The ice maker is a little more simple than other options, but for the price, you can’t beat it.
This ice maker comes with a plastic ice scoop for easy access to your fresh ice. Not only is this handy for scooping, but if any of the ice gets stuck together, you can use it to break apart the ice.
Once you have the ice maker installed and turned on, it will automatically start making ice. The time it takes to make the first batch is only a few minutes, so you’ll have fresh, clear ice in no time.
- 25 lbs of ice storage
- Sleek dark stainless steel design
- Ice scoop included
- It doesn’t produce as much ice per day as other options
- You may have to break the ice up frequently
Whether you own a restaurant or small cafe or are looking for an undercounter ice maker for your home, there are a few things you’ll want to keep in mind while shopping for one.
Every ice maker comes with an air vent and cooling system, but you’ll want to make sure that you have a powerful cooling system. This allows the vents to blow cold air into the ice maker and remove hot air. It will keep your ice from melting too fast.
Undercounter ice makers can produce quite a bit of ice per day and have a decent size bin to hold it all. While many of these ice makers will have similar capacities and storage bins, ensuring that the one you’re buying will suit your needs is essential.
If you work in a cafe or restaurant that uses a high volume of ice per day, getting a higher capacity is critical.
Before buying an undercounter ice maker, you need to measure the space where the ice maker will go. There’s nothing more frustrating than purchasing an ice maker, only for it to arrive and not fit into the undercounter space available.