As everyone knows, home espresso machines have revolutionized our everyday coffee-making experience. They’re available in all shapes and sizes, not to mention that they come in a wide range of prices.
If you’re looking for the best whole bean espresso machine to brew fresh java every morning, you may want to check out our list. Let’s dive in!
At a glance
3 Whole Bean Espresso Machines for Coffee Lovers
It doesn’t matter if your budget is a bit tight, moderate, or large. We’ve made sure to include three products that vary in price, features, size, and more to match every budget and need.
Here are our top candidates.
1. EspressoWorks All-In-One Espresso Machine & Cappuccino Maker – Best Budget-Friendly Pick
- Includes: 15 Bar Pump Espresso & Cappuccino Maker, Electric Coffee Bean Grinder, Stainless Steel Portafilter with Single and Double Shot Filter Baskets, Milk frothing pitcher, Scoop/Tamper, 2 Ceramic Espresso Cups
- ESPRESSO MACHINE and LATTE MAKER 15 BAR PUMP PRESSURE SYSTEM- Make great espresso at home, Americano at home, and Macchiato at home without going to the coffee shop!
- A SINGLE SHOT AND A DOUBLE SHOT OF ESPRESSO – Includes a single and double shot stainless steel filter to chose your espresso shot size. Compatible with ESE Pods.
- A VIEWABLE REMOVABLE WATER TANK (1.25L capacity) lets you view the water level conveniently from the front. The handle on the tank makes it easy to remove, clean, and refill the tank.
- OVER 25,000 UNITS SOLD with an Outstanding Customer service team! Available 24/7 to provide personal assistance at any time!
Let’s kickstart our list of coffee makers with this exceptional machine by EspressoWorks. Not only is this buddy a great choice for a small budget, but it’s also packed with many features to admire.
For instance, the coffee maker has two other options besides making a wholesome espresso shot. At a press of a button, you can use the machine to make a latte or cappuccino thanks to the built-in frother.
Better yet, the set includes a coffee grinder that allows you to brew your favorite coffee beans each morning. While some users preferred an integrated grinder, others like how the machine is versatile since it enables you to use ground beans as well.
With a simple interface and space-saving size, this machine could offer you a nice balance of affordability and functionality.
- Available with many functions and components for a variety of purposes
- Has a milk frother for cappuccinos, lattes, etc.
- Compact size takes minimal counter space
- Perfect as a gift
- Affordable compared to other models on the market
- Doesn’t feature a built-in bean grinder
2. Breville BES870XL Barista Express Espresso Machine – Best Overall
- The Breville Barista Express delivers third wave specialty coffee at home using the 4 keys formula and is part of the Barista Series that offers all in one espresso machines with integrated grinder to go from beans to espresso in under one minute
- DOSE CONTROL GRINDING: Integrated precision conical burr grinder grinds on demand to deliver the right amount of freshly ground coffee directly into the portafilter for your preferred taste with any roast of bean
- OPTIMAL WATER PRESSURE: Low pressure pre-infusion gradually increases pressure at the start and helps ensure all the flavors are drawn out evenly during the extraction for a balanced tasting cup
- PRECISE ESPRESSO EXTRACTION: Digital temperature control (PID) delivers water at precisely the right temperature, ensuring optimal espresso extraction
- MANUAL MICROFOAM MILK TEXTURING: The powerful steam wand performance allows you to hand texture microfoam milk that enhances flavor and enables creation of latte art
Looking for something fancier? Well, we’re pretty sure this Breville espresso machine could increase the overall glam vibes of your kitchen. Let’s find out what makes it so special.
For starters, the espresso maker is equipped with an integrated grinder. This way, you’ll skip the coffee-grinding process and jump to espresso-making in less than a minute. You can also control the amount of coffee to grind to end up with the perfect coffee cup.
Plus, we like that you get to adjust the water pressure to your liking. Not to mention that the steam wand lets you hand texture the microfoam milk, enriching the body of your coffee.
Overall, the Breville BES870XL is a must-have for anyone who likes to mix luxury and convenience. With all these options at your fingertips, your visits to the nearby coffee house may become less frequent.
- A solid espresso machine with a built-in grinder
- Lets you control the water temperature, grinding process, and more
- Comes with a powerful steam wand
- Has an automated cleaning cycle
- Sturdy stainless steel body for a longer life
- Mid-range price
- The top and bottom sides of the machines are plastic
3. De’Longhi ECAM35020B Dinamica Espresso Machine – Best Versatility
- The true Brew process delivers smooth, full-bodied Iced Coffee by brewing at a lower temperature, pre-infusing and infusing the Coffee over ice that’s never watered down.
- Heat-up time in less than 40 seconds: with Italian 15 bar high performance pump and it takes only 40 seconds to heat up the machine and start brewing
- Brew the freshest Coffee: with bean to cup brewing system and a breakthrough built-in steel burr grinder, enjoy the freshest cup of Coffee, every time
- Integrated adjustable manual frothier: allows you to customize steam and foam levels for rich, creamy, long-lasting lattes and cappuccinos – with no Barista experience required. The adjustable steel burr grinder has 13 setting options for a perfect grind of the whole beans
- The simplest machine to clean: with a removable brew unit and dishwasher-safe drip tray, This machine takes half the time and cost to clean compared vs. Competitor models and without the use of chemicals.
If you’re willing to spend more to get even better options, you may want to invest in this De’Longhi coffee maker. We quickly fell in love with its elegant black color and simple design, but its awesome features are really what counts.
This little guy can be perfect for making espresso as well as cold brew coffee. It comes with multiple infusion settings that you can adjust to make sure that the coffee won’t be watered down after adding ice to it.
What we also appreciate about the Dinamica is that it gives you maximum control over your coffee. It has a built-in burr grinder with 13 settings and a manual frother. So, besides espresso, you may also make cappuccino, latte, americano, etc.
Finally, a lot of reviewers admired how easy the machine was to clean. Simply, you’ll have to remove the brew unit to hand-wash it, and the drip tray goes into the dishwasher.
- Includes a frother and a built-in burr grinder
- Straightforward touchscreen interface
- 5 pre-programmed drink settings
- 40-second heat-up time
- Has a small section for pre-ground coffee
- A pricey option
What to Consider Before Buying a Whole Bean Espresso Machine
Now that you know what our favorite products are, it’s time that you take your pick. If you’re still unsure which machine to buy, thinking about the following factors should make this step easier.
Built-in vs. Separate Grinder
The reason why most people buy a bean-to-cup coffee machine is to get the freshest version of their coffee. This means grinding beans prior to each brew to end up with a rich flavor and aroma.
Therefore, you should consider the type of grinder that comes with an espresso machine. Do you need an integrated burr grinder to save you time in busy mornings? Or do you simply enjoy taking the time to operate a standalone grinder?
It’s also important to find out how many cups of espresso a machine can make per day. Usually, a high-end coffee maker should work an entire day without heating up or malfunctioning.
On the other hand, a budget-friendly alternative might overheat if you use it too often.
Thus, you’ll need to go for a machine that matches your daily coffee intake.
If you intend to make espresso-based drinks, you should consider investing in a machine with a frother. Most mid-range espresso machines include a frother, enabling you to prepare cappuccinos, lattes, and more.
However, the majority of affordable machines won’t have this feature. So, you’ll need to find a middle ground between your budget and your preferences.
You may want to take more factors into consideration when buying a whole bean espresso machine.
- Water storage
- How easy it is to use and clean
- Size in relation to your counter space
Searching for the best whole bean espresso machine can take ages, but it might require only a few minutes after checking out our list.
Wondering what our top pick is? It’s the Breville BES870XL Barista Express Espresso Machine. We love its moderate price, not to mention that its integrated grinder promises fast brewing in less than a minute.
If you want a more affordable product, you could go for the EspressoWorks All-In-One Espresso Maker instead. This buddy has everything you might need to make a full-bodied espresso, and it’s pretty simple to operate and clean.