“What goes best with a cup of coffee? Another cup!”
We agree with Henry Rollins on that. Whether you enjoy your deluxe cup of joe alone or with your finely chosen company, a coffee maker is your best friend.
If a small coffee maker like a mini drip is what you need, this article is for you. So let’s tackle the decision of choosing the best coffee maker for two people.
If you’re in a rush, here are our top picks:
To Make the Right Decision, You Should Consider
When choosing a coffee maker, assessing your budget can help you slim down the many options and help you find the perfect choice. The prices can vary from a $15 pour-over to a $500 high-end machine. The goal is to find the best fit for the most convenient price.
Space can be a major factor in the coffee maker selection process. Having limited space can abstract a good deal of options on a larger scale. Remember to double-check the dimensions for a proper pick.
If your needed capacity doesn’t usually exceed two people, you better opt for the smaller coffee makers. And just because they’re skinnier, doesn’t mean they’re featureless or feeble.
Considering that different coffee makers require different ways of operation and handling, understanding how each type works and how much time it takes is necessary before making your purchase.
For example, the process of pour-over brewers might be a delightful morning routine for some and a time-consuming drill for others.
Drip Coffee Makers
Black+Decker 5-cup Coffee Maker – Best for a Budget
- Sneak-a-Cup Feature - This feature temporarily stops the flow of coffee so you can pour your first cup before brewing ends without making a mess
- Space-Saving Compact Design - Perfect for apartments, RVs, dorm rooms, and smaller coffee appetites
- Permanent Grounds Filter Included - No need for paper filters; The permanent filter works with your favorite coffee grounds and it’s easy to clean
- Lighted On/Off Switch - One-touch control for easy operation, and an on/off indicator light for peace of mind
- Note: Cup equals approximately 5 oz. (varies by brewing technique). Volts: 120V
This high-quality coffee maker is perfect if you’re on a tight budget. Its simple design makes it easy to use and clean, so you don’t need to be an expert to know how to use this drip coffee maker.
It also contains a reusable filter and ensures drip-free pouring. The coffee brews in a glass carafe that comes with a non-stick plate. It has a water-level indicator and its capacity is 5 cups (about 25 oz).
- Easy to use
- Contains a reusable filter
- Glass carafe might crack
Bonavita BV1900TS 8-Cup One-Touch Coffee Maker – Best High-End
- One-touch brew operation with auto-off
- Carafe lid, filter basket, and showerhead are dishwasher safe
- Powerful and precise 1500-watt heater maintains optimal brewing temperature of 195°-205°f (91°-96°c)
- Optional pre-infusion mode wets freshly roasted ground Coffee to allow DEGASSING before brewing
- Flat-bottomed filter basket and larger showerhead allow for even better saturation and uniform extraction
For the best tasting coffee, this higher-end drip is your ideal pick. This simple operating brew comes with just one on/off switch with an auto-off system. It includes a pre-infusion mode (optional) that wets the newly roasted ground coffee and allows degassing before brewing. Its double-walled stainless steel thermal carafe makes it highly durable and resistant to shattering. It has a maximum capacity of about 40 ounces.
- Pre-infusion mode
- The carafe, lid, showerhead, and filter are dishwasher safe
- Easy operation
- Higher price
French Press Coffee Makers
- Travel Coffee maker: brew Coffee or tea on the go and drink from same container when ready; enjoy your daily fix wherever you are
- Quick and easy: Simply add coarsely ground Coffee, hot water and seal the lid for a delicious, freshly pressed cup in minutes
- Stainless steel: made of vacuum-sealed, double-wall construction, this stainless steel travel mug keeps beverages hot or cold for several hours
- Durable design: French press mug features a Spill resistant lid, built-in plunger and colorful, silicone, non-slip grip for easy Travel
- On the go mug: Travel mug holds 15 oz. of Coffee or tea and is dishwasher safe for easy cleaning
If you’re always on the go and need your favorite drink with you, this coffee maker is your best fit. The press is integrated with a stainless steel tight-sealed double-walled travel mug with a 15-ounce capacity that keeps your coffee warm anywhere you go. Just add your coarse ground coffee and hot water. Wait four minutes, then press. How easy is that!
- Not completely spill-proof
- Adding sweeteners or creamers might be complicated
- SIMPLY THE PUREST WAY ~ extract & brew any tea leaf or coffee bean's essential oils into a single glass carafe. Will turn any ordinary coffee into a gourmet coffee treat guaranteed or your money back
- PROTECTIVE DESIGN ~ unique & attractive insulated outer shell not only easy to admire on the kitchen counter but also protects from chips & cracks to the extra thick 34 oz borosilicate glass coffee pitcher. Unlike other thin metal frenchpress frames that rust and do little in protecting the glass carafe
- COMFORTABLE HANDLE ~ is durable & sturdy, clever design for free flowing & effortless pouring to your mug which also features a BPS / BPA FREE lid were no plastic comes in contact with your hot or iced cold brewed tea while steeping
- EASY TO CLEAN Dishwasher & Microwave Safe with detachable stainless steel filter screen system with a quick and easy press, rubber plunger knob. QUIET & non electric best for work office environments. PORTABLE & ECO FRIENDLY compact coffeemaker best space saver for your car hotel travel hiking & outdoor RV camping
- ORDER NOW with peace of mind due to over 11,500+ Satisfied Customer Reviews below. When you take that first warm sip of the day, you'll understand why so many people have rated it with an outstanding 5 out of 5 for 2020 most loved Coffee French Presser on Amazon. Also Double The Life of Your Coffee Maker Absolutely FREE by registering your Idylc Homes purchase today! See flyer inside the box for more details...
This strong and highly enduring press coffee maker is on the top of our list. It‘s made up of a single glass carafe with an insulated outer shell protecting it. The 34-ounce press is dishwasher and microwave safe. It has a reusable stainless steel filter and a large comfortable handle.
- Protective outer structure
- Modern design
- The filter might pass some grounds
Pour-Over Coffee Makers
- Does not trap essential oils of your Coffee in a paper filter, and makes a beautiful slow-brew
- Includes a Permanent stainless steel mesh filter; no paper filters or capsules needed
- Mouth-blown borosilicate glass, dishwasher safe
If you’re looking to save more space while maintaining an elegant style in your kitchen, this glass pour-over is just right for you.
It looks good on the countertop and is easy to use and clean. It includes a permanent stainless steel filter for your coarse ground coffee.
Pro tip: go for light roast coffee for authentic acidic flavors.
It’s available in different convenient sizes -12,17,34, and 51 oz.
- Permanent filter
- Good gift option
- Glass is breakable
- Poor heat retention
- All CHEMEX Coffeemakers are measured using 5 oz. as 1 cup
- All CHEMEX Coffeemakers are made of the highest quality, non-porous Borosilicate glass which will not absorb odors or chemical residues
- The patented CHEMEX pour-over design allows coffee to be covered and refrigerated for reheating without losing flavor
- CHEMEX - simple, easy to use with timeless, elegant design
- Use CHEMEX Bonded Filters FP-1, FC-100, FS-100, FSU-100
If you’re an art and coffee lover, this coffee maker will mesmerize you. Its beautiful design earned its place in the NYC Museum of Modern Art collection. This pour-over produces well-brewed tasteful coffee and is convenient for big groups with a 40-ounce capacity. The high-quality borosilicate glass doesn’t absorb odors and allows for refrigeration and reheating.
- Elegant design
- Dishwasher safe
- Improves taste
- Glass is breakable
- Requires specific filters
Glass or Thermal Carafe?
If you still can’t decide between glass or thermal carafes, let us clear up some points for you.
The thermal carafe is usually made up of single or double-walled stainless steel coated with an outer layer of aluminum, plastic, or other materials.
Glass carafes might be a cheaper option, but they’re also easily breakable. Unlike glass carafes, thermal ones don’t need hot plates to keep the liquid warm since they’re usually sealed with a vacuum keeping the coffee fresh for longer.
Thermal Carafe Pros
- Most are resistant to shattering
- Better heat retention
Glass Carafe Pros
- Stylish designs
- Needs hot plates continuously
- Might give your coffee a burnt taste
After we’ve laid out the simple facts about each type, we can fairly recommend a thermal carafe. However, your pick may vary as per your need and preference.
Whether you enjoy the slow mornings making your coffee the old-fashioned way with a special someone, or want to simply press a button for your coffee to surface magically in your cup, you’ll need to check out the different options before you make your purchase.
Remember that quality, convenience, and price are what to look for before choosing your device. Now that you’ve made your pick, just sit back and enjoy a nice cup of joe. Check out how coffee got this unusual nickname!
Changed your mind and looking for solo coffee makers? Read more about our recommendations for single serve coffee makers.