Here’s an interesting piece of tidbit: 50% of coffee drinkers would rather go without their morning shower than skip their first cup of coffee!
Coffee seems to have taken over our senses, so much so that it’s become the second most traded product in the world, after crude oil.
The coffee trade on the global level has amassed over $100 billion. And it’s growing steadily at a rate of over 5%.
So, where does that leave us? It leaves craving some coffee, for starters. It also leaves us thinking about which coffee maker makes the most delicious coffee.
That’s when we decided to do some research to find out which best-rated automatic drip coffee makers are worth our time and money. Let’s get started.
At a glance
The Best-Rated Automatic Drip Coffee Makers
We’re going to review the top products on the market down to the smallest details. You’ll also find a couple of their pros and cons to help you make an informed decision.
1. Cuisinart DCC-3200P1 Perfectemp: Top Pick
- ENJOY HOTTER COFFEE: Expert coffee-making technology will allow you to ensure your coffee temperature is perfect without sacrificing flavor or quality
- BREW STRENGTH CONTROL: Select regular or bold coffee flavor to perfectly match your coffee taste preference
- FULLY AUTOMATIC COFFEE BREWER: 24-hour programmability with 1–4 cup settings, auto-off functionality—0-4 hours—and optional ready alert tone
- 14-CUP GLASS CARAFE: Includes decorative stainless-steel handle with matching stainless-steel body to perfectly pair with your kitchen appliances
- FILL WITH EASE: Easy-to-view water window for accurate filling and Cuisinart’s trademarked Brew Pause feature lets you enjoy a cup of coffee before the brewing cycle has finished
If you have a large household with lots of people who love coffee, the Cuisinart DCC-3200P1 is a must-have! Featuring a stainless steel and glass carafe, this machine can make up to 14 cups of delicious coffee.
Another great feature is its programmability. You can customize your brew strength and adjust the controls to keep your coffee hot and fresh.
- Easy-to-read display
- Large capacity
- It’s more challenging to clean than other models
2. Breville BDC450 Precision Brewer: Runner-Up
- The Breville Precision Brewer Thermal is a 60 oz drip coffee maker with thermal carafe that allows you to brew third wave specialty coffee at home, automatically; Experience your favorite coffee at its best with precise temperature and brewing time
- AUTOMATIC PRESETS AND CUSTOMIZABLE: 6 unique brewing modes ensure you enjoy the perfect balanced coffee every time; Preset modes include Gold, Fast, Strong, Iced, Cold Brew and My Brew, all so you can experience your favorite coffee at its best
- PRECISE & ADJUSTABLE TEMPERATURE: Coffee maker with precise digital temperature control (PID), 3 different flow rates to optimize contact time and Thermo Coil Heating System delivering water that is more pure than typical brewing systems that use aluminium
- GOLD CUP STANDARD: In Gold Cup preset mode the Breville Precision Brewer Glass automatically adjusts the water temperature and brew time to meet the standards set by the SCA (197 to 204 degrees)
- AUTO 'STEEP AND RELEASE' TECHNOLOGY: Breville's patented Steep & Release valve holds the water in contact with the coffee when small cup volumes are being brewed without the glass carafe in place automatically
One of the best features of the Breville BDC450 coffee maker is its programmability. You can wake up knowing that your coffee is ready for you.
The BDC450 can also be customized to brew your coffee to your desired preference. The flat-bottomed design with the cone filter is one of its unique features.
- Innovative design
- Easy to use
- Tends to be loud
- Relatively expensive
3. Mr. Coffee 4-Cup Switch: Best Budget
- On/off indicator light lets you know when your coffee maker is on or off
- Grab-A-Cup Auto Pause stops cycle if you need a cup before brewing is finished
- Dual water window allows visibility as you fill—no more overflows
- Removable filter basket for quick and easy cleanup
- Stain-resistant warming plate is easy to clean
If you’re looking for a basic coffee maker with no frills, Mr. Coffee has exactly what you’re looking for. It has no programmable features, just a simple on/off switch to start the brewing.
This machine is perfect for making two standard mug-size coffee cups or four small ones. Besides being compact and easy to use, it’s also easy to clean and maintain.
- Compact design
- No-fuss cleaning
- Budget-friendly price
- Not programmable
- Perfect Coffee Every Time: This pump-free coffee maker heats water to the correct temperature for coffee extraction
- Easy to Use: The Moccamaster brews a full 40 oz pot of coffee in 4-6 minutes using one switch
- Quiet and Safe: The Moccamaster KBG quietly brews your coffee and automatically turns off after 100 minutes
- Quality Materials: Moccamasters last a lifetime. We use BPA/BPS/BPF and Phthalate free plastics and durable stainless steel and aluminum
- Delicious Coffee and Peace of Mind: Moccamaster coffee brewers have a 5-year warranty
The Technivorm Moccamaster coffee maker is hand-crafted in the Netherlands. Boasting some terrific features, this machine is truly one-of-a-kind.
With a copper metal housing, you’re sure to get water that boils at the optimal temperature for brewing. The machine also keeps it hot for hours after brewing to enjoy your coffee whenever you like.
- BPA/BSF-free plastics
- Easy to clean
- Streamlined look
- Isn’t programmable
- Relatively expensive
- Fastest 10-Cup Home Coffeemaker brews a full pot of coffee in about 3 minutes
- An always hot internal hot water is ready to brew hot coffee on deman. Item dimensions is 14.8 high x 7.1 wide x 13.8 deep inch. Note-replace sprayhead and brew funnel. Pour additional carafes of fresh, cold water into the brewer as needed until water has no vinegar smell or tasted
- Exclusive drip-free carafe with a proprietary lid and spout design that arcs the pour of the coffee into the cup and wicks the coffee dribbles back into the carafe preventing a mess on cup or counter
- Multi-stream spray head showers hot water evenly over the coffee grounds
- Large flat bottom filter and funnel allows greater interaction between hot water and coffee grounds for superior flavor extraction
Quick and efficient, the BUNN can brew an entire 10-cup pot in nearly three minutes. This is done with the help of speed brew technology, which ensures quick brewing without sacrificing the taste.
Not only that, but the flat-bottomed carafe is designed to give your coffee a delicious flavor. Its spout and lid help eliminate dribbles and messy countertops as you pour.
- Quick brewing time
- Functional carafe design
- Easy to clean
- Moderately priced
- Coffee doesn’t maintain its temperature for long
How to Pick the Perfect Coffee Maker for You: A Buyer’s Guide
Starting your day on the right track usually necessitates grabbing a caffeine-rich cup of coffee. But how do you know which coffee maker is the right one for you?
Here are several features to look out for when buying a coffee machine. They’ll definitely turn your brewing experience into an enjoyable part of your day.
If you drink your coffee at the same time each day, this feature is for you. Just fill the tank with water, add the grounds, and set the timer — it’s that easy!
Imagine waking up to a nice, steaming cup of rich coffee just waiting for you to enjoy. That’s certainly one of the best ways to start off your day!
One of the best things about programmable coffee makers is their auto shut-off safety feature. It’s one we tend to forget, but it’s extremely important because it reduces the risk of damaging the machine, or, even worse, your kitchen.
Built-In Water Filter
A built-in filter isn’t a make-or-break type of feature, but it’s a nice one to have nonetheless. It makes life a bit easier when all you have to do is fill the tank with tap water and let the filter do the rest.
Experts agree that filtered water improves the taste of the coffee. It somehow manages to give it a less acidic taste and adds to the richness of the flavor. This could be a result of having fewer impurities.
Size of the Carafe
Automatic drip coffee machines range in size from single-serve up to a 14-cup capacity. Think about how many people will be using the machine, possibly at once.
Larger sized coffee makers are more convenient because they make a lot of coffee to meet the demand. This is a great option for large households or busy workplaces. Yet they’ll occupy more space.
On the other hand, if it’s just for one or two people, then a smaller-sized coffee maker would be a smart choice. Not only are they more affordable, but they’ll also take less space on your kitchen counter.
Some machines even feature single servings for those who want to brew only one cup of coffee at a time. This one is definitely the fastest when it comes to brewing time.
After reviewing these best-rated automatic drip coffee makers, we now love coffee more than ever! But if we had to choose just one, we’d pick the Cuisinart DCC-3200P1 Perfectemp.
Coffee lovers will enjoy this machine’s programming as well as its large capacity. With a durable build and impressive features, you can bank on having a delicious coffee at any time.
The Mr. Coffee Coffee Maker is another option worth considering. This affordable machine will give you smooth, fresh coffee in every cup. It’s simple to use and maintain, which means less hassle and more time to enjoy your delicious coffee.